Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
making a coupon saver >

making a coupon saver

making a coupon saver

Old 05-29-2012, 11:35 AM

I use a 4 inch three ring binder. I use the page protectors for currency which are available at amazon.com. It provides 3 pockets horizontal pockets that are the width of the page. Coupons all fit no matter the shape/size and are easy to retrieve. I cut the coupons and file them by categories. Then, every week, I go to couponmom.com and save about $70/week and sometimes more. It is great.
Old 05-29-2012, 02:15 PM
Power Poster

Great idea! Thanks!
Old 05-29-2012, 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by joyce888 View Post
I use a 2" three-ring binder with the clear photo sleeves (2 per page) to file my coupons. The photo pockets are 4x6 and I used the stick-on Velcro dots to keep them closed when transporting to the store. I'm able to lay the binder open and thumb through my coupons as I shop. I know this isn't anything sewn but I guess you could make a nice attractive cover for the binder with a snap to keep it closed. By golly I think I've just given myself another project LOL!
I saw one the other day that I'm going to try to copy. It was a three ring binder with a sewn cover on it and a Velcro closure strap to close it and carry it with. She had dividers in it and the photo pockets to put the coupons in. She only put one type of coupon in a pocket but she had many copies of the same coupons.
Old 05-30-2012, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by bearisgray View Post
Thanks for the link.

DS is an avid couponer - that's his recreational activity - but it is BORING to listen to DH and DS discussing the grocery ads.
Aha. But to those who do it with enthusiasm, they are as excited discussing their deals as we are our finds at yard sales or thrift stores or discussing our deals on machines, etc.! I know...I'm surrounded by people who get really excited about coupons and sales.