Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Marie Osmond? >

Marie Osmond?

Marie Osmond?

Old 01-04-2011, 10:47 PM

I don't know about the quilting but she has created a couple of beautiful sets of lace embroidery designs.
Old 01-05-2011, 12:01 AM

Marie's sewing space was featured in one of the Women Who Create magazines last year. She does quilt. If you are not familiar with the mag, it is a quarterly publication featuring craft/sewing spaces of well known and not so well known "artists" and it does give you a lot of ideas for your craft/sewing rooms.

Midwestqltr
Old 01-05-2011, 12:13 AM

Love the Osmonds (I was so excited to see Donny on DWTS last year) but I sure don't want to see celebrities' sewing spaces. LOL. Makes me jealous. I'd rather see spaces by people like the members here that are more 'normal' for lack of a better word. I have seen Marie in quilt magazines ads for quite a while.
Old 01-05-2011, 03:08 AM

Marie has been quilting for years. She is an accomplished quilter and designer.
I made an "Osmonds" qulit for friend who was 50 and Marie (and the Brothers) signed it for my friend. They are a wonderful family with many talents.
Old 01-05-2011, 04:12 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Naturalmama
So when did Marie Osmond have anything to do with quilting? I saw her on a magazine or poster at our lqs the other day and was surprised. I knew she designed dolls so maybe she's into the creative thing. I have no idea what she's promoting - can anyone fill me in?
Most LDS communities have all sorts of crafts and projects for home-making on a regular basis, and Marie is LDS. Also, coming from a large LDS family, it wouldn't surprise me if she were involved in quilting and sewing. After I thought about it for a while, it isn't any different than Matthew McWhatzhisname promoting cars, or Drew Barrymore promoting makeup. She has name recognition, and that is something that manufacturers want in a spokesperson. Celebrities are real people with real lives and interests just like you and I.
Old 01-05-2011, 06:22 AM
Power Poster

she has been designing quilting fabrics and selling sewing machines for years...she has many quilting fabric collections on the market and has been active in the quilting/textile/crafting industries for many many years
Old 01-05-2011, 06:27 AM

This is bringing back some memories..... Seems there was a discussion like this back in the spring of 2010. Some of the ladies here live near her, know her and said that she sews and quilts beautifully.

Don't we all have a "work personna" and a "home personna"? I remember one time when I took some crocheting into work and one of the men said, "I'd never have taken you for the 'domesticated woman' type." (I used to be a party girl)
I told him that I also painted, sewed, baked, cooked, cleaned house and did laundry. He just shook his head and walked away.

Being a celebrity is just a job. Granted it's a more public job than most of us have but it's still a job--not their entire lives.
Old 01-05-2011, 06:29 AM
Power Poster

She always seems like a nice lady, and has had some bad things happen in the last few years to her family. Quilting may be therapy to her!
Old 01-05-2011, 07:44 AM

For those that don't know what LDS means--- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Most people call us Mormon.......
Old 01-05-2011, 09:25 AM

She learned to sew and quilt from her Mom, Olive, as she was growing up.