Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Mark Lipinski where are you? >

Mark Lipinski where are you?

Mark Lipinski where are you?

Old 01-23-2010, 03:21 PM

Mark is on facebook....
Old 01-23-2010, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by brushandthimble
He was the guest speaker at the MQX dinner last year. He is HOOT, made sure I went to the ladies room before he started. :)
He kept us laughing through the whole meal LOL.
We also enjoyed his show and tell with his quilts.
you are so lucky you got to see him.
Old 01-23-2010, 04:29 PM

http://marklipinskisblog.wordpress.com

This is Mark's blog, his Sept. blog tells that he left it all behind.
Old 01-23-2010, 04:57 PM
cka

This may only be part of the reason he left. There was a corporate take over...it included F&P, QNNTV, several magazines associated with McCalls. There was apparently a disagreement on editorial issues, so he left the magazine and the QNNTV. He told Pickle Road posse members that he was working with Aurafill threads, I think. And he said he had several other opportunities. I think I will check out Facebook and see if he offers more info. I really enjoyed the magazine, but did not renew. The last issue had his name as executive editor.
Old 01-23-2010, 05:04 PM
cka

I did a retreat where he was a teacher. I had a wonderful time; almost finished the quilt, didn't really like the outcome, but learned a lot. His trunk show is a genuine hoot!! I did learn that he and apparently other designers create quilts that they themselves cannot make go together and have to "fudge", but no mention of these issues is documented in the pattern or in pattern corrections. I have one in particular that I was collecting fabric for and found out the pattern wouldn't work. He did tell us how to fix it, but admitted that neither he nor McCalls issued a pattern correction. Amazing...
Old 01-23-2010, 08:11 PM

I agree, didn't like it at all....too much about Mark's underwear (or lack of it) and other off the wall subjects...JMO[/quote]

I wanted to like this magazine because it was more than just patterns, but I am not his "cupcake", don't really care to see Bonnie get a makeover, or care about Mark's favorite drink. For those still interested this got a lot of hubub on the About.com group and you can keep up with his activities on his Pickle Road Posse group that you can subscribe to on Yahoo. Although I do like his fabrics, he is just a little to full of himself for my taste. I acutally liked the newer issues without as much Mark.
Old 01-24-2010, 06:53 AM

Well I wish I had known this before I re-ordered for 3 years. I'll see how the magazine goes but it was his wit that drew me to the magazine. Does anyone have a link to his Facebook page?
Old 01-24-2010, 08:16 AM

I am truely upset that Mark is no longer with the magazine. I paid for a subscription cause I enjoy him so much. I took a class and lecture with him and just had the best time ever!! I feel cheated that now there are like a big bunch of people doing the magazine that i don't care about and I miss his sharp wit and insight. will not be renewing, have the feeling the magazine won't last when we all dump it.
Old 01-24-2010, 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by Roberta
Well I wish I had known this before I re-ordered for 3 years. I'll see how the magazine goes but it was his wit that drew me to the magazine. Does anyone have a link to his Facebook page?

Just go to facebook and put Mark Lipinski in the search. He's the first one that pops up.
Old 01-24-2010, 08:28 AM

Another lady on facebook says money back guarantee...if not satisfied. She paid for 3 years, and got a full refund. That might worth checking into for those of you who are not happy with it.