Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Marshall Dry Goods Snuggle flannel >

Marshall Dry Goods Snuggle flannel

Marshall Dry Goods Snuggle flannel

Old 09-23-2020, 09:13 AM

Default Marshall Dry Goods Snuggle flannel

I'm thinking of buying a bolt of this in white or natural to use for backings, but I'm a little hesitant because I had a bad experience with flannel (from a LQS.) I prewashed it before I used it and it seemed okay, but it pilled and shredded something awful the first time I washed the quilt. However, some other flannel in the same quilt that I got at JoAnn's was fine. Go figure.

I've started doing some hand-dying and I'd love to make a flannel quilt with my own hand-dyed fabric. I was wondering if anyone has used this and can tell me how it holds up, and if it pills or not.
Old 09-24-2020, 07:23 AM

I have purchased and used 3 bolts of Marshall's Snuggle Flannel, for the backings in charity quilts for the CINC cases here in my county. They washed up beautifully. I will purchase it again. It did not shrink very much at all. I prewashed before cutting and washed the quilts before giving. As far as dying the flannel, I have no clue about that.
Old 09-24-2020, 11:46 AM

Ok, thanks...that's reassuring!

I think I'm going to buy a yard, wash and dry it a few times, and then dye it to see what happens.
Old 09-25-2020, 04:23 PM
Power Poster

I have seen and felt it in person and it is nice. I haven't used any of it though. I think it's made the same place as Riley Blake with MDG name on it.