Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Marshall Dry Goods >

Marshall Dry Goods

Marshall Dry Goods

Old 08-14-2018, 01:09 PM

Default Marshall Dry Goods

I get emails from Marshall Dry Goods. OMG Gorgeous fabrics. I love the 6 yard packages and love the price per yard. But, wow!!! I can't spend that much $ on their packages. Has anyone done this?

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 08-14-2018 at 01:46 PM. Reason: remove shouting/all caps
Old 08-14-2018, 02:44 PM
Power Poster

Not sure what the 6 yard bundles are. The fabrics in the flat fold bundles are also available by the yard.
https://marshalldrygoods.com/#v-pills-classics-tab
I have found their MDG branded fabrics to be very well priced, but widely variable in quality. I find some very stiff. If I see something I like, I order a small amount first.
I also find their new web site design a bit more difficult to navigate.
Old 08-14-2018, 02:49 PM

I wish when they send you a notice that something is on sale....or some special something, they would include a link. I have written them, but still no link. You're right Paper Princess...it's difficult to navigate.
Old 08-15-2018, 02:41 AM
Evy

I love everything about Marshall Dry Goods except the new website. I thought maybe it was just me not being comfortable with a new set up. I'm not enjoying shopping there at all any more.
Old 08-15-2018, 04:46 AM
Power Poster

Sign up for the wholesale email. All the new fabrics and sales are sent from the reps. Mostly it is for quilt shops because you have to order a lot to get the great prices but you can order individually. I like it because I can see what the shops pay and how much mark up is on the fabric when I choose to buy from the shops if they have the same fabric. I got 'Electric Feathers' fabric for $3.99 a yard for a bolt or $4.99 a yard at Marshall's and it was $10.99 a yard at a local shop. I only buy the name brand fabric at Marshall's, not the craft fabric. I'm not a fan of the bundles as I have seen them in person. I go to Marshall's many times a year to stock up. It's about 1 1/2 hour drive for me. I love the Dream Cotton solids. I buy that by the bolt.
Old 08-16-2018, 06:08 AM

Maybe we should all send them a email stating how much we dislike their new website and ask them to rethink it.
Old 08-16-2018, 06:20 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by shasta5718 View Post
Maybe we should all send them a email stating how much we dislike their new website and ask them to rethink it.
I have done that before with other websites. Really aggravating when they say that is the website company we don't do the website. Well don't you pay them to have a website? I guess they don't care how utterly ridiculous that reply makes the business look.
Old 08-16-2018, 06:34 AM

Originally Posted by Evy View Post
I love everything about Marshall Dry Goods except the new website. I thought maybe it was just me not being comfortable with a new set up. I'm not enjoying shopping there at all any more.
It's frustrating when businesses replace a working website with one that "looks better", but doesn't work. Most of the time, the designer is not familiar with the specific business and how it works. Couple that with the representative of the business who doesn't know web design and you can have a mess.

(A pretty, but not functional, website almost put me out of business a few years ago. It was a mess. We finally just put our old website back up.)

By all means, email them and tell them that the website is not working for you, the customer. They need to know that - the sooner the better.

bkay

Last edited by bkay; 08-16-2018 at 06:36 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 08-16-2018, 02:31 PM

I was at the site recently and didn't stay long. It was too difficult to find what I was looking for. We do need to give them feedback on the issues we're having. I'm heading over there right after I post this.
Old 08-16-2018, 07:54 PM

Alright everyone, I too hated the new website at the beginning but now I'm getting more comfortable with it. However I just wanted to say that I spoke to oh Geez I think his name is Marshall, anyway I was looking for something in particular that was supposed to be new in but it was sold out. So I called to see if it was a mistake, afterwards he asked me how I felt about the new website and I said I hated it. He asked why and I started explaining what in particular it was. He asked me to hold on and yelled for someone else to get on the line they both listened to the things I disliked and they said it was important for them to hear so they could make it better. I was absolutely stunned and will check in to see if they have implemented the recommendations. So all this to say call them and let them know what you don't like about the new website. I was astounded at this kind of customer service and I really hope they do what they said they would.

Last edited by Ariannaquilts; 08-16-2018 at 08:02 PM.