Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Martelli Rotary Cutter >

Martelli Rotary Cutter

Martelli Rotary Cutter

Old 01-12-2013, 06:15 AM

I have two Martelli rotary cutters. The first one is about 4 years old and the second one I purchased last fall. The newer one has been redesigned with a different handle and heavier spring. Not long after I purchased the first one the spring did come off. I called Martelli and within a few days I received TWO replacement springs along with the instructions on how to replace the spring.
Old 01-13-2013, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by boopeterson View Post
I was using my Martelli and the spring came off. I saw it fly and heard it ping when it hit something but I can't find it. Does anyone know where I can get a replacement spring for it? I don't want to have to purchase a new cutter just for the spring.
I got to know some of the Martelli folk through various venues. They do stand behind their products and if you contact them they will send you a new spring FREE!

I can't use mine anymore as the joints on my fingers don't take any stress. I keep it on display with my quilting memories. Darn it, because I liked their rotary cutter. Oh well.
Old 01-14-2013, 08:57 PM

My rotary cutter just popped its spring, I will contact Martelli first thing in the morning. I may need a replacement depending on how fast the spring comes, as retreat is in less than two weeks!
Old 01-15-2013, 10:40 AM

Contact the company. They are awesome to work with. I had an issue with a product that I bought at the quilt show and they had a new item in the mail to me the next day; even before I could send the old one back to them. Just google them and email them.
Old 01-16-2013, 06:07 AM

Originally Posted by cindyb View Post
I had the same problem. I loved the angle and how it cut - so, bought another. Happened again. I just use it without the guard - yep, very dangerous. The bad part is, Martelli does NOT stand behind their products!!!!
If they do not stand by their product I would report them to the Better Business Bureau..that will get results for you!!!!!
Old 01-17-2013, 03:16 PM

Martelli has replaced springs several times for my friend and took care of me when I had a problem. They have good CS.
Old 01-18-2013, 11:04 AM

they will replace the cutter.
Old 09-05-2018, 10:16 AM

I called Martelli today as I have the very same problem. The lady I spoke with was very nice and I ordered a repair kit. I love my Martelli rotary cutter. I no longer suffer from cutting because of arthritis. I can cut all day without any problem. Im planning on buying a 60 degree rotary cutter from them very soon.
Old 09-05-2018, 06:16 PM

Martelli also has videos online to help you to replace your spring, clean your cutter and even the correct way to use your cutter.
Old 09-06-2018, 05:59 AM

I love the stress free cutting with this cutter, and have found Martelli to be very willing to replace parts. They have replaced the bolt for me, and advised that I was pressing too hard.

Their videos are essential in understanding the proper way to hold and clean the cutter. You can easily pop the spring off when cleaning if you move the guard too far. By the way, I recently bought the Martelli cutting mat and have found that the blades last much longer when used on their mat.