Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Martelli Rotary cutters and mats >

Martelli Rotary cutters and mats

Martelli Rotary cutters and mats

Old 04-23-2010, 11:54 AM

I got mine through Overstock.com and I love it.
Old 04-24-2010, 07:12 PM

My mom and I both have the cutter. It is great! She just bought a ruler at Paducah. It looks pretty amazing too. Grips the mat (any mat,) fabric doesn't slide so you can measure, then move and still cut accurately. It also has 1/2" to 4" slots in it to cut binding or strips perfectly. Pretty cool. I recommend the smaller cutter. You don't really need the big one unless you do industrial quilting! The small one will cut through 64 layers of material! Yes, I said 64! Get the big one if you do a lot of flannel, etc.
Old 04-24-2010, 10:33 PM

I LOVE both my cutter and mat. I find the cutter is easier on my wrist, and the mat doesn't warp. They are pricy but I find them well worth it. I found mine at a large quilt show several years ago. Their web site lists the trade shows they hae scheduled as well as purchasing options. I also find that many local quilt shops carry them. However, I have friends who don't like them. I think it's a personal choice. See if you can try one before you buy it.
Old 04-24-2010, 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by CajunQuilter2
Originally Posted by HisPatchwork
I just wish I could have purchased the table they were using! Wasn't that amazing?!
Oh my yes it was amazing. It would take me a very long long time to save up for that. Maybe one day??......
Please tell me about the table! Is there a picture or description on the web somewhere?

Diane
Old 04-25-2010, 06:25 AM

The table has a depression that the cutting mat sits in, but the best thing about the table is that it can be raised to cutting height standing or lowered to sitting height with the touch of a button/switch. I couldn't get close enough to see it well! It also has big casters so it can be moved easily. I do believe it folds also. A bit pricey, but they sell the demos at a great discount, still too much for my pocketbook. :(