Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Material now being sold.... >

Material now being sold....

Material now being sold....

Old 10-21-2011, 06:48 PM

Our Wal-mart fabric is a mess. Everytime you go in, you just want to put down your purse and start folding fabric.
Old 12-27-2011, 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by Lea125 View Post
I noticed our Walmart selling fabric again and a lot cheaper than Joanns. How can you tell on a quality of fabric besides touch?? I only buy 100% cotton but not sure what else to check.
The "hand" of it, i.e. the way it feels. Sometimes sizing or roughness will not wash out. Also, I bought some solid 108wide at Joann's, just enouigh to put borders on a charity quilt, because it was the only color that was right. Was I sorry I bought it. So thin I could see through it. Cheaper fabrics tend to shrink more, bleed more, and some have registration problems. meaning that when they have used more than one dye they don't line up corectly so are off register.
Old 12-28-2011, 12:04 AM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

my Wally World has Icky fabric.. Way to thin, I can watch TV thru it.. They do have some cuddle fabrics but not much difference in pricing as the local Joannes tho... With a coupon Joannes wld be cheaper..