Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Mc Call's Quick Quilts missed issue

Mc Call's Quick Quilts missed issue

I am a subscriber and did not get the latest dec-jan issue. I wrote to them and they say it's out of stock permanently. Has any one gone through this problem before ?

Senior Member Aubrey'sQuiltingCreations's Avatar
    I have never heard of this before. I know I sent in renewals to quite a few magazines for myself and my husband in early November and all checks have cleared the bank but still to date no catalogs.

I sometimes don't get mine in the mail. I understand why now, yesterday I got some of my neighbor's in my mail box. That is the kind of postman we have.

Quote Originally Posted by Gita View Post
    I am a subscriber and did not get the latest dec-jan issue. I wrote to them and they say it's out of stock permanently. Has any one gone through this problem before ?
    I thought that was why we paid for a subscription...to be guaranteed prompt service. Something doesn't sound right, and I really enjoy their stuff.
    I let mine go a few months back, bc I am trying to cut back. Hope they get their ducks in a row for ya
    It is a blessing, to be a blessing !
    ~Quilters are warm people!!!~
    cheese brings parties together

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...HJV/weight.png

Blog Entries
    I would voice my displeasure & disappointment politely, and I would expect them to offer to extend my subscription by at least one issue, and hopefully longer. Good customer service tends to keep a customer longer
    MzzzQuilts aka Ellen

I usually see the new issues at Wal mart before get them in the mail and I too have called without any issues being sent due to their out of stock always.

They are extending my subscription for one more month but I am not feeling good about missing an issue in between. Moreover I hear there is a mystery quilt pattern starting with this month's issue. I have asked them to provide me with a digital copy at least.

Quote Originally Posted by crafty pat View Post
    I sometimes don't get mine in the mail. I understand why now, yesterday I got some of my neighbor's in my mail box. That is the kind of postman we have.
    Your postman must be related to my postwoman!

The mail person at our post office said that if a magazine has a torn cover and they can't read the address, they toss it. When I have called to tell whoever that I didn't get my magazine, they just extend my subscription another month.

I just checked on line and you can order a copy of the magazine, but if they have them to sell, why don't they send you one? After all, you did already buy it!

This happened to me with McCalls, sent them a note and they sent out the magazine that I did not get. I no longer get any quilting magazines, trying to cut back and besides I can buy more material.

Power Poster
    Sounds fishy if they have them to sell but not to send out. So they are extending your subscription by a month big whoopee (not). It would drive me crazy wondering what I had missed. Go look at the copy at the store before you go crazy if you can find it.

Blog Entries
    reminds me of the old, old joke...man tries to check into a motel, only to be told that all the rooms were taken. man says, "you mean if the queen were to walk through that door wanting a room, you wouldn't have a room for her?" the desk clerk said "welll...errr...i gues we'd have a room for her"...to which the man said "well she's not coming, i'll take her room!" .... tell them you want the queen's copy lol
    MzzzQuilts aka Ellen