Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Me again..Please help, Singer 1191 D300A tension trouble? >
  • Me again..Please help, Singer 1191 D300A tension trouble?

• Me again..Please help, Singer 1191 D300A tension trouble?

Old 12-18-2022, 01:23 PM

Default Me again..Please help, Singer 1191 D300A tension trouble?

So my machine is now doing this and on the top it is skipping really big chunks.
    Attached Thumbnails 20221218_150657.jpg  
    Old 12-18-2022, 02:20 PM

Have you messed with the tension after getting the bobbin in? Did you follow the instructions? The thread end needs to be under the tension spring and through the notch at the end. When you pull on the end does it feel like there is some tension on it. There is a page https://ukdigitisingmart.wordpress.c...to-digitizing/ that shows how to do a drop test for a bobbin that says "One easy way to test bobbin tension is to remove your bobbin case from your machine and do a drop test. To do this remove the bobbin thread from the pig tail on your bobbin and suspend the bobbin case from the bobbin thread. Give the bobbin thread a little tug (like a yoyo) and the bobbin case should drop about 1.5″ and then stop. If your bobbin does not drop at all your bobbin is too tight. If your bobbin drops to the floor it is too loose."

Was the bobbin wound smoothly and not too loose or to tight? I would suggest you download the 191D that is available at https://res.cloudinary.com/singer-se...g_Machines.pdf It is similar to the 1191D and better diagrams for threading the bobbin.

While the 191D is a better manual, it looks like the instructions aren't quite as good as some I've seen for threading the upper thread. You should have the presser foot up and the needle in the highest position while threading the upper thread. Make sure it the discs are separate and the thread goes between them.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
    Not affiliated with off-site link(s)
    Old 12-18-2022, 08:28 PM

Looks like something isn't threaded correctly. Re-thread top and bobbin threads from the beginning. Looks like Janey has a great link for you.