Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Me, Me, Me, all about me >

Me, Me, Me, all about me

Me, Me, Me, all about me

Old 10-15-2015, 06:12 AM

Lucky you !!
Old 10-15-2015, 02:57 PM

Just got home from a 10 day "retreat" of sorts, had a wonderful time, had a couple of emergencies, everyone had a great time, and now I'm home and working on Christmas. Yay its gonna be so fun
Old 10-15-2015, 04:11 PM

Sounds like you'll have a ball. Enjoy.
Old 10-16-2015, 03:47 AM

sounds great have fun
Old 10-19-2015, 07:21 AM

Yes, I came back. I only live about 20 miles away but didn't want to go back and forth each night. That's the reason why I stayed at the hotel. I never get a vacation so this was it. I had a great time. My favorite teacher was there, she's the one who sinced the deal that I was going, Angela Wolfe. Which I got my picture taken with and her autograph on my pattern and a clapper that she sells. Then after I got there another of my favorites was also there Joann Banko, she's fantastic.

We made great projects, I finished all but two of them. One was a quilt from Eleanor burns pattern, I knew it wouldn't be finished but I did get all the blocks put together. Now to figure out which layout I want which will take me longer than it did to sew them together. The other one that I didn't finish was my napkins which was done using the Babylock embellisher (12 needle felting machine) and the Sashiko machine. I wasn't worried about finishing them because I bought both of the machines, my new toys. I made a fantasic wallet with lots of pockets with Joann Banko, a pashimo shaw that we embroidered on (which is a sensitive fabric) but mine turned out great, that was taught by Angela Wolfe. The scan n cut, we did a little leather FOB, could be used for key chain or usb device along with cutting out a design and putting it on a glass and then etching it for a candle to go in. We also did another design to put onto a candle jar. We did a pretty fall table runner on the serger, which matches the napkins we made in the other class. I feel like I'm missing something. Anyways it was a great time. We had a treasure hunt one night and on that venture we learned about alot of new things. Friday night was great because the reigning Ms Virginia was there along with her family. Her sister has been a patient alot over the years where I work. We got the chance to take stuffed animals and embroidery their bellies with different sayings, like smile, hugs and kisses and these will be given to patients here. We also made cards for the same purpose, some are for holidays and some are generic ones. We got our pictures taken later for the things we made for charity. Since I work at the childrens hospital it made me feel great helping. Of course we got to use a new emb machine that is large like an 8 needle but is only one but will embroidery on anything. From a small childs sock up to an 8x8 hoop.

I had lots of fun, met new people. Saw some that I hadn't seen in quite a while. Would do it again next year in a heart beat. I'll post pictures as soon as I can take them. My preemie babies were both home from the hospital when I finished on Saturday night so I went straight to my daughters house and did some bonding with them and the other two older children. If you all get the chance to do something like this, do it. its so exhausting but so much fun.
Old 10-19-2015, 08:19 AM

Congratulations, Grandma, and sending good wishes to you for your wonderful weekend of sewing and friendship. You deserve it (we all do!). There is something about sewing that is relaxing, a tension reliever AND a great therapy and I don't tire of it, no matter the length of hours doing it---so you will ENJOY the entire time away. Have fun.
Old 10-19-2015, 06:16 PM

Tell us all the stuff when you return and have a great ME weekend.
Old 10-19-2015, 06:44 PM

Oh how lovely, just got back from a week long retreat in ky had a lovely time hope you do too!