Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
ME thread >

ME thread

ME thread

Old 03-01-2009, 09:33 PM
Power Poster

For embroidery, I only use Isacord. I also have a Bernina. I would be very leary of rayons because they do bleed.

I get mine at my LQS becauseI haven't found a good price on it anywhere on line yet.
Old 03-02-2009, 06:36 AM

thank you! I bought some Isacord at a quilt shop about an hour away from home. I was working near there and thought I'd stop in to see what they had. Got a couple yards of fabric 40% off.

Probably will not go back again- I didn't care for the clerks there. I asked for help for bobbins for my Juki- she showed them to me and took them to the counter to hold for me. I didn't get to see the quantity or price. (the place where they were on the wall was empty). At checkout, again she was quick with them, when I got home, I had purchased 5 bobbins for $5.99. I know I could have purchased many more for a better value online. I did want some, my machine came with 4 and it's hard to rotate them. So, lesson learned.

Also- I bought some Isacord and tried to pick out colors I thought I would use often- the pale baby colors, primary colors for little people stuff. After she rings me up and takes my credit card. she asks- are you a member of our sewing club. I said no, this is my first time here. She said you should join, it's $25 a year and gives you 20% off any items not on sale. Then she says, oh, you could have saved almost that much today. Some salesperson- I will not be back again.

Also- they followed me around- I didn't care for that at all- how am I going to stick a bolt of fabric under my arm or my purse? Oh well, experience gained.