Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Members who are merchants, be counted! >

Members who are merchants, be counted!

Members who are merchants, be counted!

Old 06-24-2010, 08:11 AM

Location: Orchard Park, NY (near Buffalo, which is near Niagara Falls)

As a follow-up to this post on supporting our fellow members in this quilting community:
http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-50060-1.htm

We're trying to find out how many members on the Quilting Board are merchants... of either supplies, services, or finished goods.

So this is kind of an quick, informal census!

Please reply to this thread ONLY if you are a merchant. If you'd like to comment on the general idea of supporting each other, please reply on the thread linked to above. Thank you!
Old 06-24-2010, 09:35 AM
Power Poster

i am a long-arm quilter, and provide kits and classes on a very small scale to a group i met a couple years ago who asked me for these services (the classes and kits)
Old 06-24-2010, 09:58 AM
Banned

I am a longarm quilter and I really like what you are doing here. I am a new member so hopefully that won't be a problem. I have had my website for several years. I really enjoy reading and posting to all the information that is being shared on this board. I have met so many people also from my general location to that I didn't realize were around.
Old 06-24-2010, 06:08 PM
Banned

I make the mini storage cabinets that are listed on this board, also other items - check book covers, Bible Covers, etc. I don't have a web site yet.
and I am working of details to open my own shop - just not there yet.
Old 06-24-2010, 06:28 PM

I have an Etsy site that I NEVER sell any thing from! I used to make children's clothes, but now I have a few quilts on there. There is sooo much stuff on Etsy! http://www.etsy.com/shop/tortoisethreads
Old 06-24-2010, 06:41 PM

I sell Moda charm packs, layer cakes, quilt books and patterns (tote patterns too) on my website. I'll be adding some handmade items soon.

http://www.charmpacksplus.com
Old 06-25-2010, 06:59 AM

My name is Lori and I am in the process of buying a quilt shop in ND. It is currently The Waltzing Quilter and has a website www.waltzingquilter.com however... I will soon hopefully change the name to Quilted Comforts & Gifts, but when the name gets approved, the above site will link directly to the new one as well (I hope :) ).

So... if you're ever in ND... look me up! Come on in, sit down in our comfy section and relax... I'd love to share a cup of coffee with you! Or... just send me a note through the website... There really is a great group of people on this site.
Old 06-25-2010, 07:10 AM

Hi,
I sell precut kits,FQ bundles and charms, as well as some completed items and quilt tops. If you don't see a quilt kit you would like let me know and I can make it up for you.
Michele
Old 06-26-2010, 12:12 PM

I am a longarm quilter. Been in business about 10 years. Several quilts which I quilted have won blue ribbons in local shows. 90% of the quilts I quilt are custom or heirloom quilted. I have no website nor storefront. My business has increased by word of mouth only. I would like to expand my panto quilting business.I would be happy to respond to any inquiry set to me by PM.
Old 06-26-2010, 12:17 PM

Hi. I am a teacher of most things fiber/fabric/sewing/quilting. Also working on getting some patterns out, if I get over my fear of failure. <G>

Always ready to help
Pati, in Phoenix