Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Middle of the Mitten Shop Hop >

Middle of the Mitten Shop Hop

Middle of the Mitten Shop Hop

Old 04-28-2011, 02:32 AM

Starts today! I'm so excited, it's my first one, and I don't care that it's supposed rain most of the day! I've been up since 5:30, had breakfast, need to shower yet though. There are 8 shops involved, but I don't think I will be able to make it to the four that are over an hour away from me. I don't have the best car, so I try to stay fairly close to home. I do plan on making a stop at the Hobby Lobby while I'm in Saginaw, and there is a LQS here in Midland that is not in the shop hop, but they are having sales (15% everything in the store!!) and a Nancy Halvorsen Trunk Show, so definitely worth stopping there! I'll post my treasures when I get home!!
:)
Old 04-28-2011, 02:47 AM

Have the best day! I was raised in Michigan, which I could be there!
Old 04-28-2011, 03:15 AM

Too bad u couldn't of found a car buddy to go to shop hops with! Have lots of fun!!!
Old 04-28-2011, 05:45 AM

Have fun. They sound like so much fun. I have never done a shop hop, but would like to do one someday. Too bad they didn't have a bus so you wouldn't have to worry about your car.
Sue
Old 04-28-2011, 05:45 AM

Have fun. They sound like so much fun. I have never done a shop hop, but would like to do one someday. Too bad they didn't have a bus so you wouldn't have to worry about your car.
Sue
Old 04-28-2011, 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by wyckedquilter
Starts today! I'm so excited, it's my first one, and I don't care that it's supposed rain most of the day! I've been up since 5:30, had breakfast, need to shower yet though. There are 8 shops involved, but I don't think I will be able to make it to the four that are over an hour away from me. I don't have the best car, so I try to stay fairly close to home. I do plan on making a stop at the Hobby Lobby while I'm in Saginaw, and there is a LQS here in Midland that is not in the shop hop, but they are having sales (15% everything in the store!!) and a Nancy Halvorsen Trunk Show, so definitely worth stopping there! I'll post my treasures when I get home!!
:)
Here's a few tips I wish I had known when making stops on a shop hop: Take pictures of quilts you see that interest you AND a picture of the name of the shop so you'll remember where you saw it! After a few stops, they kind of run together, ha ha. Even if I'm not bowled over with everything in the shop, I always try to make a purchase, even small, from each shop. Remember to have fun, I know, how could you not have fun on a shop hop! Thanks for the reminder about the shop hop, I don't think I'll get to make it, but sure wish I could get to some of the stores I've wanted to try!