Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Mindless, Mindless, Mindless  S & C >

Mindless, Mindless, Mindless S & C

Mindless, Mindless, Mindless S & C

Old 10-01-2010, 07:50 PM

I am absolutely AMAZED at the patience and thought that goes into these beautiful quilts! Making something like this out of nothing but throw away scraps is ingenious! Kudos to all of you that try this and succeed, it has to be very gratifying!
Old 10-02-2010, 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by darlin121
I am absolutely AMAZED at the patience and thought that goes into these beautiful quilts! Making something like this out of nothing but throw away scraps is ingenious! Kudos to all of you that try this and succeed, it has to be very gratifying!
Yet she calls it Mindless sewing... go figure!!!
Old 10-02-2010, 03:05 PM

wow, very nice, send address in PM and I can send out some crumbs.........Would be glad to if you do want more
Old 10-03-2010, 09:55 AM

Thank you ladies, I so enjoyed doing this along with all of you.

I haven't been on, in a couple days as a quilter Friend came in from Seatle and spent two days with me. We went to visit another friend. She has over 200 quilts all finished and not counting the ones she has made for family and friends and we got to see the latest ones and I was inspired in a different way. Her quilts are fabulous, we stayed 5 hours lol.

She had a bag of S&C for me, to my delight lol...boy do they know me lol. ...I will sort them into lights and darks.

My next project will be Snake River Log Cabin by Judy Martin and I will be using all the scraps I have on hand and the newly collected ones I will post the pics as I go along. I think, If I were to cut from yardage, it would take about 25 yards for king size one.

It will be interesting to see how far I can get without touching yardage, that in itself is a lot of fun lol.
Old 10-03-2010, 10:56 AM

I, for one, will be waiting and watching with great anticipation... no pressure, mind you!! ha ha
Happy Quilting!!
Old 10-03-2010, 11:10 AM

I will make a thread called Snake River Log cabin... when I get it all together.
Old 10-03-2010, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by running1
I, for one, will be waiting and watching with great anticipation... no pressure, mind you!! ha ha
Happy Quilting!!
Me Too :-D
Old 10-05-2010, 08:56 AM

Woohoo!! Thank you Rosie, what a delight to be watching you play. I love what you came up with.

Are you familiar with the Artist's Way by any chance? Something in your way of playing with ideas seems to be reminding me of it...
Old 10-05-2010, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by salmonsweet
Woohoo!! Thank you Rosie, what a delight to be watching you play. I love what you came up with.

Are you familiar with the Artist's Way by any chance? Something in your way of playing with ideas seems to be reminding me of it...
Thank you. No I am not familiar with the AW but I went and looked it up. I didn't see any work. She must just write books?
Old 10-05-2010, 09:50 PM

OK can i just say how amazing I have never wanted a quilt more!!! I am so ocd with my quilts I need struckture and pattern. I would be so worried that it didn't look scrappy enough that I would so over think it. You should enter this in a quilt show it is amazing!!!

My daughter just challenged me to do this.