Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Minky Dot Fabric Question >

Minky Dot Fabric Question

Minky Dot Fabric Question

Old 09-08-2014, 02:29 PM

I am making a baby quilt right now. I used it to make the 2 1/2 9 patch blocks. I don't think I'll do that again. My strips were to hard to cut because of fly back. And very hard to press,missed the crisp seams. Then the nap became turned the wrong way, of course I wanted the shade the same way! Rip Out! Then I decided to use walking foot, to help with the extra bulk,in the middle of the quilt,wrong again! rip!Not to mention the iron and losing bubbles.I do hope they come back.I tried very hard to keep it cool,but had a hard time pressing.This would of been a good time to quit pressing seams.I am very surprised at how square the quilt ended up.I have it sandwiched and working on the machine embroidery by hoop, and of course the pop out is very high rate because of the extra fluff.I will never,never use the minkee in a small block!!! My quilt is turning out, but I new better. I will post a picture when done.I have a few more embroidery red work quilting to do, and binding. Then off to washer to see if I murdered the bubbles.I sure hope the baby likes the texture of those block .