Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Missing my sewing Machine >

Missing my sewing Machine

Missing my sewing Machine

Old 11-21-2011, 06:13 PM

Yes it is not the same. I love my espire so much more than my brother.I like my brother but like you said we have our favorite
Old 11-21-2011, 06:29 PM

I know EXACTLY how you feel. My machine was in the shop for 3 weeks and I went into withdrawal - big time funk. My husband almost bought me a new one so I would quit moping, but I wanted MY machine back. Fortunately I got it back this past weekend. I have been sewing happily ever since and playing catch-up on the projects I had unfinished. You will be greeting yours like an old friend and be a happy camper again soon - hang in there!
Old 11-21-2011, 07:49 PM

I miss mine to when it's gone I have others but I do certain things on certain machines and I have my favorite spots to sew in my main machine is in front of the window in the computer rm. Just think how nice it will be when you get your baby back when you come back from vacation. Enjoy. Sue
Old 11-22-2011, 12:46 AM

Originally Posted by SEGASAL View Post
Is it wrong of me to miss my sewing machine while it is in the shop? I have one that I can use while it is gone but it is not the same thing....does anyone else feel this way? I am happy to be going on vacation maybe I will not miss it as much......I cannot wait to get it back because I am sure that it sew better than it was....
I think we all feel that way.... people ask me how many machines i have when they see my living room... and when I say '25' they seem to think this is excessive. my answer is always, "what if 24 of them were at the shop?"
Old 11-22-2011, 04:09 AM

I felt the same way last year when I had to take mine in and then they couldn't fix it so I was without a machine for about a month. Lost soul!
Old 11-22-2011, 04:41 AM

Don't feel bad about missing your machine, I think every quilter, sewer, and crafter have had to endure seperation anxiety. :-) I had my sewing machine in the shop last year and I had to use another one, which I feel isn't up to the reputation of my Janome. I even made a rag quilt with it but I don't really like the quilt because I had to use a replacement machine. ::::sigh::: Once your machine is back home, everything will be right with the world. :-)
Old 11-22-2011, 09:37 AM

I used to feel that way. Now I have a certified tech who will do my machine on a same day basis. I call, make an appointment, then take my machine[s] over and wait while she takes care of it [them]. This way at least I have it in my possession til it is checked out.

ali