Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Miter Clips

Miter Clips

I saw a new product on a sewing show today called Miter Clips...Has anyone tried these?

Blog Entries
    I had never heard of them so I googled them. I found a video showing how to use them. http://quilting.wonderhowto.com/how-...orners-232843/

I guess if you were really having trouble getting your mitered corners perfect and had some disposable cash, it would be worth the investment. I just think practice makes perfect and I can whip out a pretty darn good mitered corner in no time just from watching videos on the Internet and taking my time.
    No one has ever become poor by giving. - Anne Frank
    Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheQuiltedPig

Blog Entries
    Something else to separate me from my money!

[QUOTE=auntpiggylpn;6075631]I had never heard of them so I googled them. I found a video showing how to use them. http://quilting.wonderhowto.com/how-...orners-232843/

I guess if you were really having trouble getting your mitered corners perfect and had some disposable cash, it would be worth the investment. I just think practice makes perfect and I can whip out a pretty darn good mitered corner in no time just from watching videos on the Internet and taking my time.[/QUOTE
    I agree save your money I got the whole zip bind system that lady in the video demos with the clips for different size miters big waste of money

Sounds like a waste of time and money to me. I'm pretty happy with my miters and
    even if they are not always perfect, I say oh well. At least it's done and there's always
    next time. There are lots of tutorials and videos on bindings. Read, watch and learn
    then practice, practice, and practice.

Blog Entries
    I fold and glue the miters on my borders then sew them. They are always perfect.
    Got fabric?

Mine are not always perfect. I'm going to try Bellaboo's method, sounds like that might work for me. On large bed quilts I like to round the corners. I like the way it hangs over the bed corners. The quilt doesn't go to the floor.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho
    Blog Entries
    I bought the outfit and it was a waste of money. It seemed like a gimmick to me. I couldn't get it to work right at all. I was never able to use them correctly. It has three parts to it. I was able to use the part that you machine stitch your binding and that worked very well. The other two parts were worthless, to me. IMO!!
    "Be yourself...everyone else is taken."
    Strong people don't put others down...they build them up."
    "Remember that your instincts are more important than rules"

And observing the big show winners over the years, non-mitered quilts are perfectly acceptable.
    I love mitered corners, but I only do it when it benefits the overall design. Otherwise I put blocks in the corners.