Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Mixed bag at Paducah >

Mixed bag at Paducah

Mixed bag at Paducah

Old 07-10-2010, 03:38 PM

hancock is not a discount store or a quilt shop. I think we all think of it as a quilt shop because of all the great fabrics and patterns they do have for quilting. They have pretty much the same prices as LQS.

The ladies in there are cutting all the mail orders that is why they don't seem very helpful. I have been there several times, and its kinda like when a restaurant is packed, the waitresses can't spend as much time with you, but if it isn't busy, they really are nice and helpful. My DH and I have only run into one lady who really needed a vacation. :)

It's just one of those things. I love it because of all the choices. I don't go for the service so much. Good luck finding quilt shop quality funky fabric in my area. LOL. A lot of florals, civil war, and 30's, and "regular" prints. Just a splash of out of the odrinary here and there. Most LQS can't afford to buy the out of normal stuff. I like the outlandish and wierd. Like skulls, wild stripes and colors.

I am glad you went to the museum. Anyone who quilts should definitely make the trip at least once if they can.
Old 07-12-2010, 04:51 AM

Did you go into their "back room"? That is where they have all of their jelly rolls, kits, etc. You might have not know it was there - past the home decorating fabric.