Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Moda Bella Snow vs Bleached White >

Moda Bella Snow vs Bleached White

Moda Bella Snow vs Bleached White

Old 11-25-2012, 01:23 PM

Question Moda Bella Snow vs Bleached White

I plan to order a white Bella Moda solid on-line, and am trying to determine if "Snow" or "Bleached White" will be the best color for my needs. The quilt is going to be black and white. The white will be the background, and the black will be added (occasionally pieced, but more applique). It's going to be Zentangle style (i.e., doodling).

I want to take advantage of ongoing sales, so I won't have time to look at the fabrics in-person in a store.

Does anyone have any insights on the difference between these two colors and which may be more appropriate for my quilt?

Thank you!
Old 11-25-2012, 01:24 PM

Location: Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho

Sorry I can't help, but I would like to know the difference also. I'll keep my eyes on this thread.
Old 11-25-2012, 04:27 PM

I prefer Moda Bella solids most of the time, however if you compare their Snow to Kona's Snow, it has a yellow cast to it. Kona's is a soft white. I use it all the time for the back ground on my applique and my embroidery. I do not like the starkness of a white. Is there any way you can get a sample of each so you can compare?
Old 11-25-2012, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by Jackie Spencer View Post
I prefer Moda Bella solids most of the time, however if you compare their Snow to Kona's Snow, it has a yellow cast to it. Kona's is a soft white. I use it all the time for the back ground on my applique and my embroidery. I do not like the starkness of a white. Is there any way you can get a sample of each so you can compare?
I was hoping to place an order tonight, and therefore, wouldn't be able to see a sample. However, I think I'm going to wait and see the colors in person and not take advantage of the sale, I plan to order quite a few yards of it and want to make sure I get it right!

Thank you for the feedback.
Old 11-25-2012, 08:47 PM

Location: Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.

I agree that you would want the whitest white, no yellow/green cast to it. White in a quilt, in my experience, slowly "dirties" with time and looks yellowed or gray from washing and use.

Jan in VA