Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Moda Layer Cake--Citrus Flavor

Blog Entries

Moda Layer Cake--Citrus Flavor

Hey! First let me say I like the new way to post messages. It is almost like using Word.doc, which is my mainstay. Now if I can only find a way to start a new paragraph...hmmmm! OK, so I can't find it. Here goes my message anyway. Remember when I posted about the Moda Layer Cakes I had bought on sale and wondered what to do with them:
    HTML Code:
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/always-more-than-one-ufo-t225365.html
    I plan to post pictures to show what I have done so far to see if this project can be salvaged. My original pattern was the D9P with black borders--the one Jenny Doan showed on a tutorial, but it looked too somber. Now I wonder about a D4P or maybe just matched 5Patches where the colors are gradated to give a rainbow appearance.
    Attached Images Attached Images

GramMER to eighteen, plus two great-granddaughters and four adopted greats soon we hope!

Blog Entries
    At the risk of seeming to be talking to myself, let me say that the first set of blocks on the right is the set I started as the D9P with black "window frames" like the tutorial showed. I made two sets of those. Each of the next sets (16 of each) is only two matching 5-patches sown together. I can still make 9-patches out of those if that is best.
    GramMER to eighteen, plus two great-granddaughters and four adopted greats soon we hope!

Those are some beautiful fabrics!

Do you still have more fabric? If so, you could add some big squares in between and
    set the whole thing on point.

Yours are so brightly colored and will be very cheerful when you do complete it. I have some D9P blocks sitting on my table that I am not sure which way to put together. They are done in white, blues and pinks so much more subdued compared with yours. Don't forget to show when you do complete it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by EasyPeezy View Post
    Do you still have more fabric? If so, you could add some big squares in between and set the whole thing on point.
    I do have more of the layer cake plain fabric and a bit of the yardage I matched with those; however, I may need borders. Please tell me how to do a hard return in this new program.