Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Model "T"s, Model "A"s or longarm Tin LIzzies >

Model "T"s, Model "A"s or longarm Tin LIzzies

Model "T"s, Model "A"s or longarm Tin LIzzies

Old 10-16-2008, 09:38 AM

janeo...the instructions should work on any quilting machine. it doesn't have to be the tl18. the basic machines are pretty much all the same, except for the quality of the machine and frame. so they work about the same. no need for thanks.

what are quilting friends for?

show us the results, okay?

Old 10-16-2008, 02:01 PM

If somweone could tell me how to post a pic I will do it when I get the tops finished. Please don't hold your breath tho as the costumes come first. Almost as much fun doing them as pillow tops and wall hangings but not quite. I also have to wall hangings to quilt as soon as I get time,,,one of which I am really proud of. 99% hand dyed fabrics by me and my own origional design. Sthis will probably be the first quilt I will keep for myself as I usually sell all that I make.

Take care and thanks again. Janeo

Old 10-16-2008, 06:39 PM

I am the proud owner of a Tin Lizzie LS and have been long arm quilting for over 1 1/2 years. I have done exactly what you are talking about. I made my godson a pillow out of some John Deere fabrics and quilted the front and the back before sewing it all together.
First I put muslin on the frame for the backing, attaching it to the take-up leader and the belly bar leader and rolling it up. Next I placed the batting on the backing and pillow top on the batting. I basted it all around the edges with the Tin Lizzie and then quilted it with a loopy meander. When the quilting was done, I took everything off the frame, trimmed the quilted pieces, and sewed them right sides together, leaving an opening to turn it right sides out. I used a pillow form for the stuffing and then sewed the opening shut. It turned out great!!!

Hope that helps!
Old 10-17-2008, 06:26 AM

janeo...i just learned this so i'll try to help with posting. here goes:
(one of the kind ladies told me how to do this. if i can do this..you know the rest)

you need a scanner. some printers, like mine, are combos that have a built-in one. set a photo on the scanner face down and cover it. be careful not to move it. when you had set up your scanner originally, it should have entered an icon onto your desktp showing a scan design.
when you're ready to go, click 2x on that icon to open it. a window will appear. click on the 'scan' button. the scanner will do the rest. when it's done, the computer will ask you where you want to store the pic. det up a new document and name it "scanned pics" or something. each time you scan, you will put that new pic into that folder with it's own name for future recognition.

when you want to post a pic, write out your message and go to the bottom of the message window. click on "attach files". click on 'browse' 2x. this lets you choose what to display. you'll have to find your way thru your documents to the folder marked 'scanned pics'. open that and chose the one you want. click on that one 2x. the computer title of that pic will come up in the bowse window. click on 'attach' on that same page as the browse feature. this will attach that pic to your message. you can post up to 3 pics. i don't always get it right first time around, so don't worry about it. the world won't end. try again.

i hope this helps you. if it sounds complicated, print out these instructions and go thru the directions, one step at a time. if i missed something, you'll figure it out. once you start, you'll figure it out. as long as you don't hit 'submit' you have do-overs. if you do hit it, big deal. do it again.

i don't know how to scan directly from a digital camera. i wish i did, because the pics are neater and you can show an entire quilt at one time without first taking a pic and then setting it up on your scanner.
Old 10-17-2008, 12:47 PM

Hi there butterflywing...

I don't have a scanner but I do have a file of all my quilt pics on my desktop so I guess I can justs go to that and follow the rest of your directions. Thanks a lot. Janeo

am going to try and post a pic now to see if it works.
Old 10-17-2008, 05:51 PM

right on!

i clicked on download. it opened a window requesting me to choose a format. i clicked on explorer. then open. and voila! i saw your lovely quilt! it's the long way around, but it definitely works. congats!
Old 10-19-2008, 06:01 AM

Hi butterflywing...did the pic I posted ever turn up on line. My computer/email seems to have done some strange things and I am not sure if it got thru...also my thanks to you for the info. Take care. Janeo
Old 10-19-2008, 06:55 AM

On the third day quilt picture for Janeo. So beautiful I had to post the picture so we could all see it.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-37403.jpe  
Old 10-19-2008, 11:14 AM

Hi...thanks for liking the quilt and thanks for posting it. I am glad it got thru. I made it for a charity auction and it sold for a good price. I had a really good time making it and wonder sometime how I ever did anything before I started using a design wall. I wish now I had a bigger area but am grateful for what I have. Take care. Janeo