Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Mommy and Me Quilt >

Mommy and Me Quilt

Mommy and Me Quilt

Old 07-23-2020, 07:23 AM

Default Mommy and Me Quilt

I ordered the Mommy and Me pattern from Annies 2 weeks ago and it still has not arrived via post. I am going to the quilt store today. Hoping some kind person can give me the amounts of fabric I need to purchase so when it hopefully comes by Aug 1, I can get quilt done for the 8th.
Old 07-23-2020, 07:27 AM

It sounds like you have a lot to get accomplished in only a few days. I know the mail is still running slow right now, that could be the delay. I can't wait to see a picture of it when you have it completed. Be sure you rest from time to time since you only have a week to get it done in.
Old 07-23-2020, 07:34 AM

Is it the quilt with the momma & baby elephant by Quilter's Paradise?

Here's what I found that might help you.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/8866530499452812/
Old 07-23-2020, 07:35 AM

I ordered a layer cake from a quilt shop and it took about 3 to 4 weeks to arrive. All businesses have lessened their employees so that is what one of the problems is. I just had to have patience but the result in the end is good. Wishing you good luck on your quilt and hopefully you will get it done in time. Please share a picture when it is finished.
Old 07-23-2020, 07:38 AM
Power Poster

If - at all possible - explain to the person that is expecting this to be done by the 8th - what is going on - so that you can take some pressure off yourself.

So - then if you get it done by the 8th - yippee! - if not, then the person knows why it has been delayed.

Anyway - hope you get everything you need on a timely basis.
Old 07-23-2020, 08:05 AM

Not sure how to delete my post. I found fabric requirements on Pinterest .... I am off to the quilt store!
Old 07-23-2020, 08:09 AM

Bearisgray ... Thank you for your thoughtful advice. I will wrap up a picture if the pattern does not arrive in time. Not sure what your postal service is like but ours is slow even more so because of Covid. Have a great day!!
Old 07-23-2020, 09:31 AM

My daughter works for the post office and she said the reason the mail is slow is because there are fewer flights each day and mail is not considered priority cargo.
Old 07-23-2020, 07:54 PM

Give them a call to see what the status is of your order. Let them know what the situation is & see if they can send it out soon.
I'd check to see if anyone else had it that ships faster then cancel Annie's. Maybe your order got lost.
Old 07-24-2020, 04:42 PM

Glad you got the fabric amounts. Those are fun patterns. Did you get a shipping confirmation? Sometimes there is a down load option available. Make sure that your order was the actual pattern and not the down load copy.