Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Montgomery ,Al >

Montgomery ,Al

Montgomery ,Al

Old 02-26-2015, 11:45 PM

Default Montgomery ,Al

Hi I been a member for a little why now but I am a beginner quilter looking for someone that could maybe help me that live Montgomery ,al area.Or if they is a quilting group that meet in the Montgomery area.I know alittle about quilting but still having problem with cutting square and things like that.We do have a sew burina but it is so high that I cant afford them.Anyone out they that can help I really would appreciate it.Thanks in advance
Old 02-27-2015, 05:38 AM

Have you checked the Joann's for classes? It is in the shopping area off Taylor road, East something. Hancocks is just across the street from sew bernina. I Live in Selma about hour away and don't get to Montgomery very often, we have no groups here near me that I know of! I dont know about near you. Also it is a bit of a drive but quilt shop in Tuskaloosa, Sew Delightful is a great shop, I think they offer classes. Just dont go there on game days, the traffic is terrible. If you want a good place for some beautiful fabrics go to T J fabrics in Opp (Opportunity) Alabama. They have a huge selection of mostly designer fabrics 9.00 to 12.00 yd. range but they also have a clearance wall. No classes but they offer longarm services.
Old 02-27-2015, 07:25 AM

YouTube videos are great!

An older lady I used to work for wanted me to hem some pants and since she was paying me instead of a tailor I wanted to do it right. I found a video explaining how to do a blind hem and it turned out great!

There are tons of sewing videos and if you've got tools you can fix dang near anything because chances are there's a video covering whatever you want to fix step by step.

I have fixed cars, weedeaters. , minor plumbing issues-OMG YouTube is great!
Old 02-27-2015, 08:08 AM

Google quilt guilds - Montgomery al. Looks like there are a couple in your area.
Old 02-27-2015, 08:47 AM
Power Poster

Yes, I suggest you Google and you should be able to find a guild. That is what I did. Check in with any LQS because they usually know where groups meet. Good Luck !