Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Monthly Quilt Boxes >

Monthly Quilt Boxes

Monthly Quilt Boxes

Old 06-27-2016, 06:26 AM

Cool Monthly Quilt Boxes

Hey Quilters!

I was wondering if anyone has subscribed to any monthly quilt boxes like the "Quilty Box"? I am considering subscribing, but wanted insight on it before committing.

If you have subscribed to one, which one and how do you like it?
Old 06-27-2016, 06:56 AM
Power Poster

They would be fun to get. Most of the ones I've seen the contents of are very nice. You have to be prepared to not want some of the contents sometimes but then you have good gifts for you sewing buddies.
Old 06-27-2016, 07:10 AM

are these surprise items? what is the monthly cost?
Old 06-27-2016, 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by Jane Quilter View Post
are these surprise items? what is the monthly cost?
https://www.quiltybox.com/subscribe/26095325_Quilty+Box

Yes, they are pretty surprise items. I was considering just doing the month-to-month (in case I don't like it). I just started out quilting and thought this might be a fun way to build up a stash and get some fun supplies. And worst case scenario if I don't like something I can re-gift it.
Old 06-27-2016, 07:45 AM
Power Poster

I like to know I am getting. I don't want to receive any fabric that I couldn't use for kid's quilts.
Old 06-27-2016, 07:48 AM

I just started a couple months ago. I have received two so far. I've liked both very much. There have been a couple small things I won't use but I pass them on to my quilting buddies.
Old 06-27-2016, 08:11 AM

I signed up for Quilty Box for six months and, because I didn't cancel in time, was auto-renewed for another six months. IMHO, everything sent was very modern, which is okay from time to time, but nothing traditional, or 30's or any other genre. I received some Batiks, some layer cake packs, several patterns, some notions, some jelly rolls, etc.

One box I didn't like at all (and probably should have returned it) had a jelly roll of black & white strips and a lousy pattern. It also had a few small things like a lanyard clip and something else. Certainly not worth the $$$ I paid for that box.

If you like fabrics with a modern flair, you will probably like it. Quite honestly, I haven't used anything I received and have re-gifted a few things. If you go month-by-month, it's the most expensive way to go.

Personally, I won't sign up again.
Old 06-27-2016, 10:32 AM
Power Poster

I would not do it as I have plenty of fabrics, much more than I will ever be able to sew up.
Old 06-28-2016, 10:53 AM

I'm at that stage where I'm more interested in purchasing things I need to supplement my stash fabrics or tools for specific quilts I'm working on or designing to be worked on later.

It seems to me that the fun thing about the boxes is because they are nicely packaged and there is a surprise element, but I've not yet seen one that had near enough stuff that I'd be interested in to justify spending the money--check out the various youtube videos that people make when they open their boxes so you can get an idea of whether they would work for you.

I guess if they have things that encourage you to try new ideas that might be a good thing.
rob
<object type="cosymantecnisbfw" cotype="cs" id="SILOBFWOBJECTID" style="width: 0px; height: 0px; display: block;"></object>
Old 06-28-2016, 10:57 AM

I can't believe your friend gave you that beautiful quilt! It looks like it's never (or gently) been used. I'm so glad it's in a home where it will be cherished & appreciated. Thanks for sharing it with us.