Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
More Harbor Freight tools I need? >

More Harbor Freight tools I need?

More Harbor Freight tools I need?

Old 01-13-2013, 07:20 PM

45 mm rotary carpet cutter blades. Work as well as the name brand ones and are only $1.99 for a two pack.
Old 01-14-2013, 02:09 AM

Originally Posted by PghPat View Post
Tomorrow are quilt group is going on an outing and we are going to stop at HF. I have some tools from there that have been recommended on this board that I can't live without...LOL...but I know there are more that I've read about but have not made note of. Attached is a pic of the ones I love...my FAVORITE is the screwdriver that makes life easier on the sewing machine. I also have their rotary blades and have some that are great and then some that will do in a pinch.

Can anyone clue me in on some that I should buy tomorrow? Thanks, Pat[ATTACH=CONFIG]387815[/ATTACH]
What do you use the little brushes for? Lady at guild today said not to use pipe cleaners to clean electronic machines as they can mess with sensors. magnetic things, etc.
Old 01-14-2013, 02:11 AM

Originally Posted by Lormito View Post
Did you find those brushes there? They look perect for cleaning lint out of a machine.
Please see my comment.
Old 01-14-2013, 04:24 AM

My last trip to HF, I bought a pair of really small pliers. They come in handy when removing a needle. I have also bought large clamps. They hold quilts together when sandwiching and keeps them straight.
Originally Posted by PghPat View Post
Tomorrow are quilt group is going on an outing and we are going to stop at HF. I have some tools from there that have been recommended on this board that I can't live without...LOL...but I know there are more that I've read about but have not made note of. Attached is a pic of the ones I love...my FAVORITE is the screwdriver that makes life easier on the sewing machine. I also have their rotary blades and have some that are great and then some that will do in a pinch.

Can anyone clue me in on some that I should buy tomorrow? Thanks, Pat[ATTACH=CONFIG]387815[/ATTACH]
Old 01-14-2013, 04:27 AM
Swap Hosts

The little suction cups are great for holding rulers in place. On Saturday I saw rubbery kitchen floor mats that are great for muffling sound (I'm in an apartment) and to keep machines like sergers from "walking". I think cutting a little chunk off might be good to keep pedals in place too. They had those flashlights that strap onto your head on sale, too. Not only are they wonderful in a black out, but they sure help if you drop a pin or needle on the floor and have to crawl around to find it. For $2 how can you go wrong? Have fun!
Old 01-14-2013, 04:32 AM

Yep, the long long scissors are great for cutting batting, I find I can use them for other things to cut like tulle also. Worth the money. I have the little orange suction cup handle, use them all the time. Don't forget there is usually a coupon you can get a little discount with and usually a free little flashlight or scissors at the time. It usually is in the newspaper or I think you can. Get one online. I see them everywhere. I use little scraps pieces of squares of fleece and long tweezers to clean out my lint. Works well.
Old 01-14-2013, 04:54 AM

Have you thought about a mallet? I have one that I use when I have lots of seams coming together in one place and it makes the "stack" a little flatter!
Old 01-14-2013, 05:06 AM

Sunnye, what is the ring with three things attached, second from last item?
Old 01-14-2013, 05:10 AM

What is the screwdriver called? Planning a trip to our local Harbor Freight this week.
Old 01-14-2013, 05:47 AM

I used the flashlight on a strap for your head when we had a power outage before Christmas and I needed to finish a customer's binding. it worked great even better than having a light It put the light right where I needed it. I use it when working on black.