Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
More Harbor Freight tools I need? >

More Harbor Freight tools I need?

More Harbor Freight tools I need?

Old 01-15-2013, 03:47 AM

I have shopped at our local HF. Each time I look for rotary blades and always end up asking for help. They don't know what I'm talking about!!! Can anyone post an item number or some sort of identification that I can show the store representative? It's just soooo frustrating!!!
Old 01-15-2013, 04:12 AM

Debbie C. The is Item# 97642 They are called "Replacement Carpet Cutter Blades"
Hope this helps.

Last edited by marymay; 01-15-2013 at 04:14 AM. Reason: wording wrong
Old 01-15-2013, 04:31 AM

This has been such an interesting thread. I went to the HF website & noticed there's a tab you can click on to "shop by interest." Quilting wasn't listed but it sounds like it should be! I think that rolling cart will be rolling into my house soon.
Old 01-15-2013, 06:20 AM

Default Harbor freight

Originally Posted by diamondee View Post
Seems like no matter what it is, if they attach "quilting" to it in any way, they charge an outrageous prices for it. Pretty sad when people take advantage like that, but its everywhere and quilting has grown in leaps and bounds, so its another opportunity for someone to make money off the little guys. Some/most people are on a limited budget, they can not afford all the bells and whistles out there to do what they love. I'll support whoever has the best price for what I need at the moment. I know I'm not alone. so I guess what I'm trying to say is I'm sorry someone felt the need to make you feel bad for not filling the wallets of the greedy ones.
Great thread!, learned a lot. and I say amen to the "buy what and where you can afford. ". I realize a lot of the small quilt shops have a struggle like any small shop but you can only do what you can afford to.
Old 01-15-2013, 06:25 AM

Wish we had a harbor freight in Maine. But I do order the blades, even with postage it's a deal.
Old 01-15-2013, 06:27 AM

I have a small brush that, I think, came with my serger. It also came with a 6 inch long, narrow tweezers with a little bend on the ends. The tweezers is a help when threading the loopers, which I almost never do because I tie on new looper threads and they just go right through. Both the brush and the tweezers live in the serger's "basement" compartment, which is never very far from my other sewing machine.

Last edited by maviskw; 01-15-2013 at 06:31 AM.
Old 01-15-2013, 06:43 AM

What is between the magnetic tray and the brushes. Is it the screwdriver? Is it magnetic? Do you know the item number?
Old 01-15-2013, 08:00 AM

Last time I was there, I found a dental pick set for $3.00 that I was about to order from a quilting catalog for much much more.
Old 01-15-2013, 09:39 AM

Wink

I used to be so bored when Hubby shopped their (HF) - but now he said he needs to put a leash on me because I am scouting for ideal "objects" all over the store - this site has really opened my eyes to the possibilities. And don't forget the "value" of your local Dollar Store - like small flashlights for $1, bendable lights you can use on your machine or whatever, the rubber shelf mats that can stop slippage, dull noise, lots of uses. Also found a package of 50 big safety pins for $1, clothespins to hold stuff together to sew. I love improvising, can you tell?

Marysewfun
Old 01-15-2013, 09:54 AM

i got a large orange triangle with 90 degr. and 45 degr. on it from my DH. i think he got it there. the tools and toolboxes are much less expensive there than at quilt stores!!