Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: mother in law

I do not know whether I am lucky or unlucky, but even being married twice, I have never had a mother in law. Both had passed away before I married each time.

Bright, colorful quilt that will have special meaning because the fabric came from someone that loves you.

Blog Entries
    Love the fabric choices, very pretty! :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by lynnsim
    What a nice MIL! My MIL didn't give me much either; however, she gave me the best DH so I can't complain.
    That is exactly what I was thinking! Nice quilt too!!!

This does bring out the memories of our own MIL's, doesn't it? I don't think my MIL would approve of me spending so much money or time on quilting since you can buy them fairly cheap. But we never did see things the same. Kind of sad. She isn't around anymore to complain about so I try not to just remember the good things. There were plenty of them. Thanks for the pix of that beautiful quilt and I must add you are one blessed daughter-in-law.

Quote Originally Posted by PurplePassion
    Wow , that is beautiful. Nice MIL. My ex-MIL just complains about all the crap I have in my house and mess in the yard. She lives in AZ , so I don't see her very often . And she doesn't have much of a garden. And doesn't do any crafts.
    I had the MIL from Hell. After hubby died I vowed only to marry an orphan. I did and it has worked out really well.

Good for you. I had an awful step-mother, so now as a step-mother I put more thought into my actions! Some of life's tough lessons.

Mu husband has two brothers and a sister who has 3 girls. Guess who got the best out of the house!!!! Let's just say I wasn.t one of the favorites because I didn't go to college, but that,s a whole nother story.Sorry for spouting off!!!

Mu husband has two brothers and a sister who has 3 girls. Guess who got the best out of the house!!!! Let's just say I wasn.t one of the favorites because I didn't go to college, but that,s a whole nother story.Sorry for spouting off!!!

Blog Entries
    Lucky you! Beautiful fabrics. beautiful quilt, nice MIL!!

Quote Originally Posted by katz_n_kwiltz
    my mother in law sent me these fabrics for my birthday in 2009, and i had it done by the end of the month, and quilted that year before christmas so it could go on my bed!! and i used the bamboo batting, its expensive, but i love it!!, even with the warm n natural, it was so heavy, queen size weights your toes down, i needed another blanket! not with bamboo!!
    Lovely quilt, mighty nice MIL too. Really interested in your comments on bamboo batting. Now I must try it.

I had a great MIL and try to be so to my two wonderful DIL's.

hello, you said you were interested in bamboo batting,
    the only one i have found is by fairfield, and its like $55.00
    for a generous queen size at joanns, i wait til jan and get it 1/2 off
    love the feel of the bamboo, its a lot softer to touch than plain old cotton, shrinks about the same, maybe cuz its 1/2 cotton.
    have also embraced bamboo in other things as well, gardening gloves, socks, who knows what they'll come up with next..
    good luck,
    katz

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lynnsim
    What a nice MIL! My MIL didn't give me much either; however, she gave me the best DH so I can't complain.
    Just wanted to thank you for your reply. I also got the best thing IMHO that my MIL had, (her son). BrendaK

Love the fabric. Your MIL did great and so did you.
    Your MIL is like mine was. We took quilting classes together. After she passed away my FIL gave me all her quilting stuff plus the quilts she made. Then he went out and bought me a new machine because he saw on a quilt show where they had computerized machines. He thought it would be better.Now they are both together in Heaven and I'm sure they are looking down on all the quilts I'm making with her fabric and the machine he got me.

Blog Entries
    I love the colors and especially love the flutterbys. And just for the record, I loved my dear MIL very much, we were very close friends. She has gone home now but I imagine her sitting there waiting for me with a pumpkin pie, two forks and a can of whipped cream.

i found my picture here it is, i love my mother in law
    Attached Images Attached Images

Oooooo... pretty!

I made two quilts using the butterfly fabric, check out the pics.

Blog Entries
    Me too!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanamoms
    Nice! My MIL never gave me much of anything. So now I try to be the best MIL to my 2 great DDILs!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2