Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Moving my sewing room..where did it all come from?! >

Moving my sewing room..where did it all come from?!

Moving my sewing room..where did it all come from?!

Old 11-02-2008, 01:48 PM
Banned

and last one
Attached Thumbnails attachment-36025.jpe  
Old 11-03-2008, 07:13 PM

I had to move our master bed room into a smaller room to fit my quilting
rack and machine. I also have 2 sewing machines and 2 embroidery
machines. Our third bedroom is just my fabric room and our pantry.
We live in a double wide mobile home.
I was just to WM and bought Christmas fabric to add to my collection.

Linda
Old 11-04-2008, 08:07 AM
Banned

I had to move ALL my stuff or crap as Ken calls it. Yr before last when we moved into this house. Back then it was just yarn and crochet books., URGH! I'd sure hate to wanna move everything now
Attached Images  
Old 11-04-2008, 08:16 AM

I hate to admit it, but my sewing area ALWAYS looks like that, and I don't have the excuse of moving! Yikes!
Old 11-04-2008, 08:34 AM

Oh I like that idea for you sewing stuff. hehehe I can't wait to see the new room.
Old 11-04-2008, 11:21 AM

I recently moved my sewing room from a smaller room into my daughter's old bedroom that has built in shelves. She hasn't lived at home for almost 3 years now, but heck I was afraid to re-purpose her room and jinx it, for fear she'd move back. :lol:

I thought it would be great to have all the shelves "even though I didn't have that much stuff". Weeeellll, let me just say - the shelves are about all full of fabric, books, gadgets, and sewing stuff! Mine usually has a big Golden Retriever curled up in it too!

It IS amazing how much you can compact and not even realize it until you go to move it somewhere new! Just take your time and fix up your room as you like it, and you'll be so excited to go in and sew in your new area when it's done.
Old 11-04-2008, 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by babeegirl
I started the process of moving my sewing room down to the basement today. I started pulling stuff out of ONE closet. I go tell my fiance I need to go to Walmart for some clear shoeboxes so he goes to take a look and about fell over! "Where did you have all this!, you give packrat a whole new meaning!" he says...then, "are you sure the basement is big enough?"....men!
LOL I know what you mean! Let me refer you to one of my old posts about the same subject: http://www.quiltingboard.com/posts/list/6450.page
and there is a link in that post to pictures of my "fabric shop" too. :wink:
Old 11-04-2008, 12:37 PM

LOL it will be fun when Trevor sees all that I have when we move to a house next year. I plan to convert my future basement into a sewing studio. I think he too is going to draw his jaw in shock!!!
Old 11-04-2008, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by babeegirl
apparently I found my lunch of cottage cheese when I took the pictures lol. Here is my favorite tool. I got it at a hardware store. There's storage on top, then underneath there's a lift out tray with more storage underneath. That whole section lifts off for a big enough space for my sewing machine. It's got a handle and wheels for mobility.
LOL who saws tool boxes have to be for men's tools!! I too used to use a tool box! I still have it, but its in storage. It was a great thing at the time going back and forth to classes!

lol I had to laugh about your "man cave" Trevor's is here in the computer room.. When we get the house, one of the spare rooms will be his very own 'man cave'. I agree couples need to have their own individual spaces too.. Its healthy! Only problem is he hogs the computer!!! sigh.... I"ll have to make sure to have Internet hook up in my sewing studio too so I can hook up my laptop! :)
Old 11-05-2008, 06:24 AM

A couple of years ago DH asked me if I realized that as the kids moved out, I took over their space. The first to leave was my son. His closet became the closet for storing my cake decorating supplies. Then I purchased 2 units for books. Those are full of quilting, baking, etc. books. Another unit is for cookbooks only. Then the girls' room has become my sewing/craft/project room. It's overflowing to the max. The corner of our bedroom houses bins of fabric. Poor fella, he hasn't got a home. :lol:
Things are not all bad for him. He's got a nice TV in EVERY ROOM (except the bathroom and kitchen, of course :wink: The computer is in our son's room so we do visit there at times. His "man stuff" is in a little building in the back yard. He calls it "my building." He even has a TV in there. When he's had it, I can find him sitting in there with his feet propped up, watching a game. :lol: