Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
MSQ surprise >

MSQ surprise

MSQ surprise

Old 12-04-2022, 02:02 PM

Default MSQ surprise

I love MISSOURI STAR QUILT CO. JENNY HAS THE BEST TUTORIAL AND GREAT DEALS.
I received a request to rate one of the items I purchased. So I decided to check their privacy policy. There is NO PRIVACY in their policy.
They tell you that they will share your personal information with their affiliates And THIRD PARTY entities.
I was really surprised. Obviously, they are selling our information. The response is got back when I complained , "sorry we offended you".
what? Word to the wise, these days we need to be more vigilant about our personal information.
I will never send a review of any of their products.
Old 12-04-2022, 02:20 PM
Power Poster

I just read their entire privacy policy and I see no red flags. It looks pretty standard to me.
Old 12-04-2022, 02:27 PM

Wow! TU for the info.
I recentlycontacted them that I've used their tutorial for lthe skateboards to make 5 quilts for roject Linus. Then sent me a discount code for$10.00 off a $25.00 purchase. So I went shopping, found items on sale that would be great for more quilts only to find out since the items were already discounted could not use the $10.00. Customer service said to comtact them with my order and they would see if they could get the discount to apply....could see? I just let it go HOWEVER I did try to use the coupon a week later and computer said code had already be used. Now I just watch their tutorials to make quilts.
Old 12-04-2022, 02:38 PM
Power Poster

Everyone that has shopped online has their info on many lists. A review doesn't need your real name or email anyway. Sometimes I'm Ms. Buttercup or Proud Mary. LOL
Old 12-04-2022, 03:43 PM

While reading this thread I notice two images on the right - they're of the last few items I searched on Google... There is no such thing as 'privacy' anymore...

Last edited by TheMerkleFamily; 12-04-2022 at 03:46 PM.
Old 12-04-2022, 05:44 PM
Power Poster

The company that owns this forum has a privacy statement. Ever read it?
Old 12-05-2022, 05:51 AM

Originally Posted by dunster View Post
I just read their entire privacy policy and I see no red flags. It looks pretty standard to me.
My experience was specifically with the review request. It clearly states their use of my personal, information.
Old 12-05-2022, 06:46 AM

Yes, they disappointed me long time ago. But these days everyone sells information. everyone!
Old 12-05-2022, 08:03 AM

I know what you mean. I am so careful on what I put my phone number, e-mail address, etc. It seems you get flooded with all kinds of stuff on your computer/phone. Nothing is truly free out there.

When we moved 5 years ago, I thought, as we were getting a brand new phone number, we might have some peace from unwanted calls, scammers, etc. No dice - we were flooded with junk within the week. So the phone company must also sell that info. When someone asks for my e-mail or phone number I don't give it out unless absolutely necessary as for Dr. or clinic info.
Old 12-05-2022, 09:00 AM
Power Poster

Use a phone number that is a recording, like the weather. No online registration for shops, forums, groups need your personal phone number. That is used for selling info.