Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
MSQC opening! >

MSQC opening!

MSQC opening!

Old 03-19-2021, 08:13 AM
Power Poster

Default MSQC opening!

The shop doors will be open May 3. I'm already planning my trip. I've been there once and it is truly a quilt town.
Old 03-19-2021, 09:36 AM

I'm hoping to go there, too. They're opening two new shops soon, so I'll wait for that - my credit card is already shaking in fear.
Old 03-19-2021, 10:17 AM
Power Poster

MS bought Nancy's Notions so that will be one new store, all Nancy's Notions. The Museum of Sewing will be open soon too I think. AQS is partnering with MS so it will be awesome. Think maybe a quilt show will soon be in the works? Lodging is the biggest hurdle though. I say build it and the quilters will come!!!!
Old 03-19-2021, 11:22 AM
Power Poster

Oh, didn't realize they had been closed all this time! Good to hear they are doing well and will be acquiring Nancy's Notions too. Let me know when I can go without a face mask....
Old 03-19-2021, 01:53 PM

We have been planning a September trip to Florida, across to Louisiana heading north maybe stopping at MSQC, then on up to Paducah, Kentucky with our travel trailer. But...my husband is in full agreement with the MSQC and Paducah if I have recommendations of restaurants in both areas. So, if you have ever been to either, what restaurants would you recommend that will help deplete the whining and snarky comments?(Joking...kind of sort of.)
Old 03-19-2021, 02:27 PM

B'day in Aug. Drop dh off at friend's and off I go!!!
Old 03-19-2021, 05:15 PM
Power Poster

Paducah is like any other mid size town, plenty of chain restaurants, lots of local restaurants, cafes and delis Every motel/hotel has restaurants all around Downtown historic area has many nice places to eat. . MSQ has several places to on the main street. I don't see how you can not find a place to eat at any of the two places.
Old 03-19-2021, 05:26 PM

I'm dying to go there. I live way, way south of Hamilton, but my family lives in KCK and it's not that far of a drive. When I go up for a visit this year, I'm hoping to make a special trip to MSQC. Fiancé would be upset, but I've got to go, it's one of those things that every quilter should have on their quilting bucket list.
Old 03-19-2021, 05:54 PM
mkc

Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
Paducah is like any other mid size town, plenty of chain restaurants, lots of local restaurants, cafes and delis Every motel/hotel has restaurants all around Downtown historic area has many nice places to eat. . MSQ has several places to on the main street. I don't see how you can not find a place to eat at any of the two places.
MSQC isn't in Paducah, Kentucky. They are in Hamilton, Missouri.
Old 03-20-2021, 03:22 AM

Patty’s. Google it. It’s famous for outrageous pork chops and mile high lemon meringue pie. It’s outside of Paducah. My husband is still talking about it years later.