Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Mug Rug Quilt? >

Mug Rug Quilt?

Mug Rug Quilt?

Old 01-28-2017, 04:47 PM

I found a mug rug with a cow that I really liked, so I'll be using that pattern in a larger quilt. The quilt won't be made of all mug rug blocks though.
Old 01-28-2017, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by Sleepy Hollow View Post
I found a mug rug with a cow that I really liked, so I'll be using that pattern in a larger quilt. The quilt won't be made of all mug rug blocks though.
I'd love to see a picture of your quilt when you're done!!

Elle
Old 01-28-2017, 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by MINNESEWTOGETHER View Post
I'd love to see a picture of your quilt when you're done!!

Elle
I'll definitely post a photo when I'm done. My sister, sister-in-law, and I are making the quilt for my parents. It's going to be very eclectic, as we are taking all their interests/career/jobs/family/etc and making one tailored to them. Some blocks are just four patch blocks that have fabrics that remind us of them (sewing items and cats for my mom, baking stuff and dogs for my dad, things like that). Also different styles of quilting, applique, pieced, and my sister found a printed panel she really wanted to use.

Mom grew up on a cattle farm, so that's how the cow fits in. She works in a fabric store and has sewn since she was really little, so that's where the fabric choice came in. I need to still add the eyes, nostrils, and tail, but this is the cow block:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]566983[/ATTACH]

(bought pattern here: https://www.craftsy.com/quilting/pat...-blocks/260572 )

I know my parents will like it though
Attached Thumbnails cow.jpg  
Old 01-31-2017, 03:02 AM

Originally Posted by Sleepy Hollow View Post
I'll definitely post a photo when I'm done. My sister, sister-in-law, and I are making the quilt for my parents. It's going to be very eclectic, as we are taking all their interests/career/jobs/family/etc and making one tailored to them. Some blocks are just four patch blocks that have fabrics that remind us of them (sewing items and cats for my mom, baking stuff and dogs for my dad, things like that). Also different styles of quilting, applique, pieced, and my sister found a printed panel she really wanted to use.

Mom grew up on a cattle farm, so that's how the cow fits in. She works in a fabric store and has sewn since she was really little, so that's where the fabric choice came in. I need to still add the eyes, nostrils, and tail, but this is the cow block:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]566983[/ATTACH]

(bought pattern here: https://www.craftsy.com/quilting/pat...-blocks/260572 )

I know my parents will like it though
OMG, that cow block is just adorable!! I can't wait to see more pictures of your quilt! What a wonderful, thoughtful keepsake you're making!!

So nice to hear from you!!

Elle