Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Must see quilt shops near Portland Ore? >

Must see quilt shops near Portland Ore?

Must see quilt shops near Portland Ore?

Old 10-04-2021, 09:08 PM

Default Must see quilt shops near Portland Ore?

Thursday I'm heading to my BFF's new house west of Portland, and looking for some must see quilt shops. She's fairly new to the area and we're open to suggestions. Planning to be there about a week, and I have lots of room in my suitcase! Any suggestions?
Old 10-05-2021, 03:48 AM

Cant wait for replies! That is somewhere my sis and i want to go. Pre-pandemic i had heard they had many fabric/quilt shops!!! Hoping that is still the case.

Just came back from Seattle area (Bellingham, Mt Vernon) and several of their shops had closed. But the couple still open were great shops!!!
Old 10-05-2021, 06:32 AM

Pick up a copy of the The Country Register. Most quilt shops have them. It will show you most of the quilt shops in that area. Also it will have info on shop hops that are happening or quilt shows. I the one I get has Washington, Oregon, and S.Idaho listings.
Old 10-05-2021, 08:16 AM
Power Poster

Too bad that Fabric Depot in Portland closed. Boersma's in McMinnville is a good quilt shop to visit. If you're willing to go a little further, you'll find Finally Together in Lebanon. It's the best quilt shop I've ever been to. Have fun!
Old 10-05-2021, 08:54 PM

Portland used to have a plethora of shops, but there's been a lot of closures in the last 3-4 years. We still have plenty of stores, but they're kinda spread out. You might need a week or two to hit them all. 😁

Pioneer Quilts in SE Portland (Milwaukie) is worthwhile, plus the shop is really cute.
Mill End Store is also in SE Portland/Milwaukie.
Quilting Delights, SE Portland not far from Mill End Store.
Sharon's Attic west of Portland in Hillsboro.
Speckled Hen SW of Portland in Aurora
Cool Cottons, close-in SE Portland.
Bolt Fabrics, NE Portland
Craft Warehouse is a small regional craft store chain that carries quilt-shop quality fabrics (much nicer than Joann's). Find the one closest to you.
Boersma's, about an hour south of Portland in McMinnville. If you want to test drive an Innova, they have several models upstairs.
Fiddlesticks Quilt Shop is the best quilt shop across the river in Vancouver, WA (maybe 20 minutes from downtown Portland). Just For Fun Quilting isn't too far from Fiddlesticks in Vancouver.
Country Manor Fabrics is about 10 minutes north of Just For Fun in Battle Ground, WA.
Longview Sew & Vac in Longview, WA is about 45 minutes north of Vancouver.
Sisters Quilt Shop is about an hour north of Vancouver in Chehalis, but is another shop well worth the trip if you have the time.
If you'd like to go to the beach, Center Diamond is a cute shop located in a cute town in Seaside, OR, about 90 minutes west of Portland on the coast, they carry a lot of ocean and beach-themed fabrics. And as long as you're there at the coast, maybe head back home via Homespun Quilts in Astoria, OR.

Hope this helps!

Last edited by Peckish; 10-05-2021 at 08:59 PM.
Old 10-07-2021, 08:42 AM

Thanks for the suggestions. Hoping to visit several places in our travels.