Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
My Bee met today >

My Bee met today

My Bee met today

Old 06-11-2020, 01:01 PM

Default My Bee met today

Today my Red Hens Quilting Bee met. We met outside the library (normally inside) under a gazebo in a park beside the library. Oh I wish all of y'all such a perfect meeting with friends. It was awesome, hot but, the humidity is down today only. Almost everyone had finished something under quarantine. Best show and tell ever. All got to talk about their projects. Everyone brought their own picnic lunches. We sat 6 feet apart, some wore masks and had the best time. So there is hope in this locked down time. I thought someone else could figure out a way to meet their friends. It was a terrific idea.
Old 06-11-2020, 01:08 PM

It sounds like so much fun. A fellow member of my quilt guild also had a similar experience this week with a Bee in Davisburg MI. She posted how 12 or so of them met like you guys and had the best of time. I hope our guild will be able to do something real soon I am getting where I need a dose of quilt guild!
Old 06-11-2020, 01:13 PM

Glad you had a fabulous day!

I've heard of meeting in the parking lot for show n tell. Would you call it a trunk show?
Old 06-11-2020, 01:26 PM
Power Poster

That's great. My sewing group has met several times so far in each other's homes. We are heading to quilt retreat Monday for four days. Only ten of us with private room each and tables 8 ft apart. it will be good to laugh and talk all day and night again.
Old 06-11-2020, 09:30 PM

how fun! My plans for a meet with 4-5 friends like this kind of fell apart--one found out that her outdoor church on Sunday included someone that tested positive for Covid so she's staying at home just in case; one was having RA problems and another's Mom got moved to ICU with Covid (and passed this morning). So only one came, but we sat on the porch for 2+ hours catching up and it was fun!

Our (large) guild is meeting in the town park for our July "potluck"--everyone is bring a lawn chair and own sack lunch, distancing and masks. Can't wait!
Old 06-12-2020, 01:40 AM

Sounds like you had a great time! Thanks for sharing.

Our guild had 2 virtual meetings. We meet at a church and return to our regular meeting space this month! Hooray! The church has a gym so we may move our meeting to the larger space vs the small room we were using.
Old 06-12-2020, 03:54 AM

Toverly, our Bee met on Wednesday in the park. It was so much fun to see our friends again. We started out in the Gazebo but moved out under the trees. It was such a beautiful day with a nice breeze. We either brought our lunch or bought a hot dog. There is a hot dog stand in the park and it was so nice to see something that familiar in the place it always was before. We did a lot of “catching up”and show and tell. I can’t wait for next week! My lawn chair is permanently in my car. We maintain our social distance. We formed a circle and as more ladies came, our circle got larger and larger. It was just delightful!

We normally meet in a Chapel on the Green. It is a historical building and now is a wedding venue. The building is closed until September due to the virus.
Old 06-12-2020, 04:30 AM

The SEW, SEW Girls met yesterday at the park with our spouses and picnic lunches. It was great. We sat around in a big circle and showed stuff we are working on and had a good gab fest! Weather was great after the big storm the night before. Will be glad when we can meet and sew but this was a great treat.
Old 06-12-2020, 04:51 AM

I'm so happy for you Toverly!

My Tuesday group will be getting together for the first time in months on Tuesday, weather permitting. We are under the 10 person limit but we are going to bring our own lawn chairs and our own coffee and meet up 6 feet apart and appreciate the lovely lawn and garden of our hostess.

It will mostly be about visiting and show and tell, instead of our more usual work party style, but it's been months and months since we were last together. Blurs now... February?
Old 06-12-2020, 04:57 AM

It's so great to hear that other groups are finding each other again within the Covid parameters. Thanks for all the well wishes. Quilters are truly friends first.