Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
My congratulations and support to all the people who run this Board! >

My congratulations and support to all the people who run this Board!

My congratulations and support to all the people who run this Board!

Old 11-03-2011, 03:17 PM

I really appreciate the work the volunteers do, but that does not mean I like everything they do.

Thanks for trying your best everyone. But I don't think that the changeover was done particualrly well. Not telling us it was coming until two days prior was an interesting decision and, in my view, a wrong one.

But the best thing the mods do here is to keep spam and mischievous posts cleared away. That sort of housekeeping is tedious and thankless so--- thanks!
Old 11-03-2011, 03:22 PM

Yes, the techs have worked hard to "re-make" the whole board and it will take some time to learn the different things; I was very surprised they could "do" it so quickly!!! Patricej has been very patient with me, as it took me two and alf hours to log into the "new" site. By then, I was too tired to appreciate the new look, so I shut down and went to bed. They did remove all the old and redid all the "rooms" & arrangements. Sometimes it takes several trys on a new quilt pattern, so just hang in there. It is a great site, nicely managed, and I still love it. Congrads to all admin who worked so hard on this site.
Old 11-03-2011, 04:30 PM

I love the new look. I am really grateful to all the mods for the work they do, and the hard work they have put in to make the new board works so well, so quickly.

Keep up the good work!
Old 11-03-2011, 04:38 PM

Default changes

I, too, want to thank all who have patience and the ability to make things better. I'm hoping all those who understand the ins-and-outs of the new QB will continue to share with those of use who don't figure these things out as quickly!
I really like the "preview" ability... haven't had time to figure out much else, yet... Still LOVE the "board"...
Old 11-03-2011, 05:53 PM

Thx. For a new way of enjoying this forum.....there is a learning curve.....but not impossible....I have learned so much from here. Kudos abound !
Old 11-03-2011, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by lizzyq View Post
Is there a tutorial on how to navigate the new QB?
http://www.quiltingboard.com/resourc...ideos-230.html
Old 11-03-2011, 06:02 PM

Default Thats to the Mods

I know I was one of the voices last night casting my doubts and confusions (and I work with computer systems on a regular basis) and after a long day of no board and I got frustrated after a long day. So this morning was a fresh cup of coffee and slowly starting poking around. It's getting there, I've also told others last night if they need help I will do my best to help you get moving around. Maybe that will give the Mods on here a little bit of breathy room if people have someone else they can ask.

Board is starting to settle now and it is a little bit easier to find things. Thanks to all the Mods.
Old 11-03-2011, 06:03 PM

I've already had a few come to me so I'm still open to helping others try and figure things out
Originally Posted by running1 View Post
I, too, want to thank all who have patience and the ability to make things better. I'm hoping all those who understand the ins-and-outs of the new QB will continue to share with those of use who don't figure these things out as quickly!
I really like the "preview" ability... haven't had time to figure out much else, yet... Still LOVE the "board"...
Old 11-03-2011, 06:10 PM

For your bookmarks go to the top of the screen under Settings - about halfway down you will see under subscriptions theres a heading marked Bookmarks everything should be in there.
Originally Posted by Minnisewta View Post
I'm trying to figure it out. Can you tell me how to find my bookmarks?
I had so much saved and now I can get to it.
Old 11-03-2011, 06:36 PM

AAARRRGGGHHHH!!! I hate change. I loved the old site better, it was a relazing way to end the day. Now I'm just frustrated, and can't find anything. Oh well so much improvements, now I have to find a new passtime.