Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My day

Yesterday I went into Rockford to a wonderful quilt shop. My bf gave me a gc for Valentine's Day and I had to use it right away ...of course! I went to Acorn Quilts in town and had a great time picking and choosing fabrics with the sweetest and most helpful staff!
    Then I leave and guess what my car wouldn't start!!! I call my bf..he works at the hospital and was with a patient. I told him just work and come when you can..ok he works in the cath lab unit...sorry but stents come before car issues.
    I walked across the street and had a lovely soup called Pho at a vietnamese resturant.
    I then went back to the quilt shop and the ladies not only offferd me coffee but a stack of magazines to read! They were lovely and just as wonderful as could be! It was a cold snowy day for us too~!
    My bf finally came four hours later and fixed my car...love him!!
    He apologized for taking so long...I finally convienced him that I was great! Between spending my gc lovely warm soop and lots of quilt magazines I was as happy as I could be! Not to mention the two lovely ladies!
    If you ever get to Rockford visit them at Acorn Quilts...they won't forget me...the lady that was happy that her car broke down!
    What a lovely day..And my car is fixed!!!
    Gotta love the bf!!!

You mean you didn't buy more fabric when you went back? I am sure I would have.

See its wonderful to read that what would be one persons "tragic" day, beyody ody me.. became a special day that was enjoyable for another. I love to read that. I couldnt imagine a better place to break down.

Super Member Lisa_wanna_b_quilter's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    You almost make me wish for car trouble!

oh what a fun day that sounds like!! i would love to be stranded at our local quilt shop for hours!!! just looking and touching all the fabric that they have would be enjoyable!! glad you had a wonderful day and wonderful customer service from the ladies.

What a great day! You definitely turned lemons into lemonade.

How lucky! I would get stuck at the hardware store or the cleaners or something. :)

I call that the right place to break down.

My gosh, what a terrible punishment it would be to have to spend so many hours at my lqs. The only problem with that would be that when I was done, they would own my house!!

Blog Entries
    What a blessing. You had a great time and your BF finds out what a lovely, patient lady you are!!! Win/win I would say!!!

Blog Entries
    Your day just couldn't sound nicer!! :D Isn't it a miracle, how a bad thing can turn into such a lovely & special day? I am glad your car is fixed too!!
    :D :D :D :D

What a way to spend a day!

Thanks ladies! It was great!!!!I just had to share my experience with all of you !

Only if it is in the LQS parking lot :)

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa_wanna_b_quilter
    You almost make me wish for car trouble!

Blog Entries
    Now that is a great quilt shop! Do they have a website?
    Interesting how everyone does things differently. I would have called a tow truck and taxi and then DH in that order. LOL

Acornquiltsrockford.com They are working on a webiste. Leslie also said that they are on facebook.

Blog Entries
    Wow, that is nice that you got to visit longer with the ladies at the quilt shop. You didn't do anything to the vehicle did you so it wouldn't start? Ha ha

Does that quilt shop have a sew day where you can take a project in for the day and work on it with other quilters. Some shops are free and some charge $5.00 to help with the food for the day.

Have fun Quilting!

Karen

Thanks Karen! I will have to call Leslie and see. I know that she teaches classes but right now I am just trying to think of more ways to cut my bills so that I can go and shop again!!!LOL
    Unfortunately I am one of those women that just kows where the gas goes and that's it.

Blog Entries
    I love your attitude!!! :D:D:D
    What a great day!!!

Sounds like a perfect day! What a wonderful bf to give you a gc to a quilt shop.

Now, if we could only program all our vehicles to break down only where fabric is sold. :thumbup:

Quote Originally Posted by Honey
    My gosh, what a terrible punishment it would be to have to spend so many hours at my lqs. The only problem with that would be that when I was done, they would own my house!!
    That would be me too

;-)

We have two quilt shops close by. One is so friendly. The other one is... Guess which one I go to. And they give you a big discount on your birthday.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    what a very nice day you had well all except the car trouble, but you turned that around and made it alright. hats off to you for making a bad situation in to a fun feeled day. penny

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey's mom
    Yesterday I went into Rockford to a wonderful quilt shop. My bf gave me a gc for Valentine's Day and I had to use it right away ...of course! I went to Acorn Quilts in town and had a great time picking and choosing fabrics with the sweetest and most helpful staff!
    Then I leave and guess what my car wouldn't start!!! I call my bf..he works at the hospital and was with a patient. I told him just work and come when you can..ok he works in the cath lab unit...sorry but stents come before car issues.
    I walked across the street and had a lovely soup called Pho at a vietnamese resturant.
    I then went back to the quilt shop and the ladies not only offferd me coffee but a stack of magazines to read! They were lovely and just as wonderful as could be! It was a cold snowy day for us too~!
    My bf finally came four hours later and fixed my car...love him!!
    He apologized for taking so long...I finally convienced him that I was great! Between spending my gc lovely warm soop and lots of quilt magazines I was as happy as I could be! Not to mention the two lovely ladies!
    If you ever get to Rockford visit them at Acorn Quilts...they won't forget me...the lady that was happy that her car broke down!
    What a lovely day..And my car is fixed!!!
    Gotta love the bf!!!

Hi Bailey's Mom
    Where in IL. do you live? I lived in Rockford for 26 years. Still have a Brother there. Where is this Quilt Shop located? Next time I make it back there I'll make sure I check it out.

Kristina

Glad your day turned ot to be winner.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast