Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
My dog peed on my fabric.... >

My dog peed on my fabric....

My dog peed on my fabric....

Old 07-25-2011, 05:56 AM

We had a cat when we were first married. Her room was the spare bedroom. Whenever we had company spend the night, she would head for the corners and due her jobs! I was so frustrated with her. Agreed - cat mess vs. dog mess. Cat mess wins!! She eventually stopped it, but it was quite a chore!
Old 07-25-2011, 06:33 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by peaceandjoy
I'm an animal lover - really! - but there is no way I'd let a pet do that. Shortly after we got a cat, it started peeing in laundry. After a couple of weeks of not being able to break her of it, no matter what litter we tried or where the box was, she had to go. A friend has a dog who will pee in the house if they don't watch him. No way. Either it gets trained, or it's gone.
I agree. This is utterly disgusting and I do love animals of all kinds. I wouldn't have a small dog in my house.
Old 07-25-2011, 06:40 AM

Nature's Miracle from Pet Smart works for me. If you spray a really fresh stain on carpet and blot it, repeat, it will take out the spot also. Don't know why it won't work on fabrics.
BTW, are you sure it was that little innocent looking dog? LOL
Old 07-25-2011, 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by Vivian Ketron
That is a sad story. I think I would wash all of what i'm using. I think it would work better in the long run.
Ditto. Shrinkage!
Old 07-25-2011, 06:52 AM

Sad situation with the pooch. I have 2 boys a toy Pomeranian and a Pekingese the Pek. Is good but the Pom is a work in progress. I have found what they call a belly band at Pets Mart to put over his middle and he doesn’t like to be wet so then he will hold it. (Like a diaper for Boy dogs)) The belly band is washable to very convenient if you don’t trust them around the house. It is held together with Velcro so it’s easy to put on and remove when you let them out to go.
Old 07-25-2011, 06:53 AM

I would wash the whole thing. The longer that stays in the fabric, the harder it may be to remove the smell. wOULD add white vinegar and baking soda to wash water.
Old 07-25-2011, 06:54 AM

My husband is in the flooring business. He replaces carpet in alot of rentals and most of them have some sort of pet damage (pee) He uses a product called TKO Orange. It takes the smell out and stops the animal from using that spot. It is wonderful and he makes good money when he uses it. It is not cheap, but it has a million uses, takes stains of clothes, tree sap off cars. We have fruit trees in the back yard and the neighbors cats thinks they are their personal outhouse. We sprayed under the trees and no more cats
Old 07-25-2011, 07:01 AM

Citronella sprayed on everything you don't want peed on will usually work.
Old 07-25-2011, 07:14 AM

I have 10 cats (all rescues and FIXED) and they all live inside which means we have several cat boxes. I use "Sweet PDZ" that I buy at the feed store mixed in with the clay litter to get rid of the smell. It is used in horse stalls to eliminate ammonia and it really works like magic. We can go a week between totally changing out the boxes where we used to have to do it every three days.

I do not know if it would dissolve well enough to go into the washer, but you could soak it.

I think, that there have been many other suggestions for getting the odor out of the fabric. I posted about Sweet PDZ for anyone who has multiple cats and deals with cart box odor.
Old 07-25-2011, 07:15 AM
Power Poster

Sorry so discusting. Poor you!