Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: MY DUH MOMENT

community benefactor Parrothead's Avatar
    So I am making some alphabet blocks out of fabric for the twins expected in Nov. I saw this pattern while searching the internet. I am appliqueing the letters and some graphics. After I got started, I decided that all sides could represent the letter. So I started a list of words to use. X, Z and Q are difficult. I had Queen, Quite for Q and was stuck. Since I am using outlines of some of the US states, I thought I could use an outline of Quebec but it has a lot of curves. So I am looking through the dictionary and I come upon this word - QUILT! Duh double time.

I wish I could count the number of times I've had the "duh" moment.:)

Quote Originally Posted by Parrothead
    So I am making some alphabet blocks out of fabric for the twins expected in Nov. I saw this pattern while searching the internet. I am appliqueing the letters and some graphics. After I got started, I decided that all sides could represent the letter. So I started a list of words to use. X, Z and Q are difficult. I had Queen, Quite for Q and was stuck. Since I am using outlines of some of the US states, I thought I could use an outline of Quebec but it has a lot of curves. So I am looking through the dictionary and I come upon this word - QUILT! Duh double time.
    Too funny..thanks for sharing...we all do silly things every now and then. Cant wait to see your quilt.

Blog Entries
    :lol: I'm not laughing at you, I'm laughing with you! :lol:

Blog Entries
    Sounds like me sometimes......can't see the forest for the trees!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The scary thing is that these "duh" moments are coming more frequently.

I can so totally relate to this! Thanks for the day's giggle. Would love to see the quilt when it is done.

lol

Funny! Glad I am not the only one who does stuff like this. :)

Funny, why do we always try the hard way first. lol

Sometimes it is hard to see the forest for the trees! Reminds me of my sister's bd, I put gift in bag that had her last initial, which just happens to be the same as ours. Gorgeous bag. She gets home, calls laughing. "I thought, how cute you gave me a bag w/your initial on it. Got home and duh.... realized it is my initial too".

How about YAK and ZOO!

There is also a quail, and quince. Then there is yellow, yams, You (along with a small picture) and for Z there are zippers, zebras, For the X you don't have a bunch of choices

Great thanks for sharing, not laughing at you, laughing with the rest.

X-ray!

Quote Originally Posted by liese
    How about YAK and ZOO!
    I thought of zoo this morning and took one of my animal blocks and satin stitched black bars up and down on it. A Zoo! The yak I found seems a little hard to applique. I haven't done this for over 20 years.

Quote Originally Posted by IBQUILTIN
    There is also a quail, and quince. Then there is yellow, yams, You (along with a small picture) and for Z there are zippers, zebras, For the X you don't have a bunch of choices
    I have quail but not quince. I will do yellow and yarn and maybe yam. I also have a yard sale sign and a yo-yo and an egg yolk. I have zipper and zebra also zero, zig-zag and zap. For X I have xyphone, x-ray, xebec (a ship) and a funny bird that starts with an x.
    It has taken a lot of time to search and I appreciate the ideas. Thank You.

Be sure to post pictures when you are done! I can so appreciate what you are going thru. Last Friday I had to write down an ID number I have used for 11 years and all I could think of were the first 2 of 7 digits!!! Think I'm tired.

Quote Originally Posted by isnthatodd
    Be sure to post pictures when you are done! I can so appreciate what you are going thru. Last Friday I had to write down an ID number I have used for 11 years and all I could think of were the first 2 of 7 digits!!! Think I'm tired.
    One time I had to get my drivers license out to put my address on a form. And that was like 20 years ago!!!!

I am really getting an education doing this. I have eaten quince jelly but never knew what a quince was. Thanks to the internet I now know. I also found xeres which is a French wine and xyst which is a covered walk way (Roman times). I will have well education little grandbabies also. This is not a quilt, they are blocks like 6 sided cubes. No wonder the English language is so confusing!!!

Yes, sometimes we can't see the forest for the trees, or can't see the "q" for the quilts!?! LOL! Funny story! I've had so many I could write a book, but I'd be too embarrassed! At least the light did dawn! Good luck, Patty

Xylophone ...Zero (0 ), can't think of a y.

Blog Entries

For x- x-box, or xylophone, z - zebra naturally, zodiac using the things for their zodiac signs, zoo and zero. For the q- make a small quilt with some favorite quotes on it maybe, quiver for holding arrows.
    I know you didn't ask for different things for these letters, but I just thought I would share a few to help maybe.

Blog Entries
    How about Quack (like a duck)?

that is so cute. Thanks for sharing. We've all been there.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast