Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: My Early Christmas Present

Quote Originally Posted by Fab-ra-holic View Post
    Hubby said go ahead! So I did! I traded in my Janome 300e for this beautiful Brother embroidery only machine. What a difference. Don't get me wrong, I loved my little Janome for a starter, but this one is on a whole new level. Boy am I having fun.
    I plan to go out today to buy mine, the USB port and larger hoops are my eye catcher on these machines. Have a Brothers that 4"x 4" hoop but want the bigger hoop for quilting blocks. have fun with your new one.
    Freedom is costly and quilting keeps us busy...

Blog Entries
    I wil be getting a brother embroidery machine for Christmas as well, I ordered last week on the HSN, cannot wait to get it, its not as fancy as yours, but I didn't want anything too fancy, I wanted one for a while just to do small things, names on pillowcases and such, christmas stockings, dishtowels etc... i bought a bunch of thread at JoAnns, theres was on sale for buy one get one free, so i stocked up. My embroidery machine is just for embroidery, i didnt need one the sews, cause i have two pfaffs for that. I hope you have lots of fun, i know i will.
    Mary

I have the sewing embroidery one. Looks like you've used yours quite a bit, so I might pm you if I need help
    Brother XL-3500i, SQ-9050, Dreamweaver XE6200D, Juki MO-2000QVP

Merry Christmas early!

Blog Entries
    Congrats.....looks like you have a lot of projects lined up already based on that list behind it....have fun

How exciting!!!! Congratulations to you - I know you're going to have so much fun with it!

I love cutwork - old fashioned "punto intaglio" - Anita Goodesign has some nice collections and so does Embroidery Library. A touch of cutwork is so elegant - and so easy to add to a plain towel or set of pillowcases.

Have a great time!!!!

Looks wonderful. I'm really wanting a larger embroidery machine as well. (have a Janome 350E). How big of a picture will this one stitch?

I'm trying everything I can think of to try to figure out how to earn more money so I can afford a bigger hoop than 5x7.
    Last edited by justflyingin; 11-24-2012 at 01:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grace MooreLinker View Post
    I plan to go out today to buy mine, the USB port and larger hoops are my eye catcher on these machines. Have a Brothers that 4"x 4" hoop but want the bigger hoop for quilting blocks. have fun with your new one.
    If you are interested I have a Viking SE for sale that looks like new with three hoops biggest is 150x360 and 5d embroidery software with dongle. I am on the market for a ten needle or more machine so I need to sell couple of my machines.
    Faten
    Www.easyquiltingcorner.com

Work like you don't need the money
    Love like you have never been hurt

Quote Originally Posted by thepolyparrot View Post
    How exciting!!!! Congratulations to you - I know you're going to have so much fun with it!

I love cutwork - old fashioned "punto intaglio" - Anita Goodesign has some nice collections and so does Embroidery Library. A touch of cutwork is so elegant - and so easy to add to a plain towel or set of pillowcases.

Have a great time!!!!

I love these can u do something like that on towels? Can you pls lead me to some designs like these for towels?
    Faten
    Www.easyquiltingcorner.com

Work like you don't need the money
    Love like you have never been hurt

I am so jealous!! Looks like a very fun toy to me.

I was thinking the same thing. Enjoy!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tartan View Post
    ​I can tell you are having fun by the fingerprints on the screen, Congratulations!
    Anna Quilts

Live in Michigan, but I'm in Heaven when in my sewing room
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphyngyrl View Post
    I have the sewing embroidery one. Looks like you've used yours quite a bit, so I might pm you if I need help
    If I can help I will. Maybe we can help each other. I'm catching on pretty quick, but, there are so many things it can do.

Live in Michigan, but I'm in Heaven when in my sewing room
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by justflyingin View Post
    Looks wonderful. I'm really wanting a larger embroidery machine as well. (have a Janome 350E). How big of a picture will this one stitch?

I'm trying everything I can think of to try to figure out how to earn more money so I can afford a bigger hoop than 5x7.
    The big frame is 12 x 7. I wanted to get one with the bigger frame to expand my capabilities.

Wonderful early Xmas present. Enjoy it.

I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoy my Janome 10001. I was worried about spending so much money on a machine but it has been worth every penny, then some!

I have sorta had my eye on the dreamweaver sewing only, and the embroidery only (really dont want a combo machine, but one of each would be cool) After you have had plenty of time to test this machine out, I would love to hear a review of it, both the good and the bad.
    Laura

Paying it forward, one Smile at a time!
    http://twistedvegas.com

Yeah! Have a Blast!

Congrats & Happy Sewing !!!
    lp

Blog Entries
    How blessed you are. Keep having fun. I have a brother but it was inexpensive. I love it to pieces. Hope you gave hubby a huge hug and kiss. Know that machine probably did not come cheap. Congratulations.

Vickey

Quote Originally Posted by Charming View Post
    I love these can u do something like that on towels? Can you pls lead me to some designs like these for towels?
    I think both of these designs are from the first Anita Goodesigns cutwork CD. Then I applied 4" eyelet to one pair and 3" crocheted lace to the other pair.

Cutwork doesn't show up very well on terry toweling, but in Europe, fancy hand towels/guest towels are made from linen or cotton/linen blends.

You also see a lot of cutwork on linen window coverings, along with lots of filet crochet and insets of filet crochet in linen.

Nice! I have been tempted to go up from my 300e but now I have been reintroduced to hand embroidery and really loving it. I too noticed the finger prints on the touch screen. I am using an iPad to type this so I am sure I have the same thing on this screen. LOL. Good luck with your new toy/tool/machine.
    Fran in SW Iowa
    previously AK

Quote Originally Posted by Tartan View Post
    ​I can tell you are having fun by the fingerprints on the screen, Congratulations!
    lol....I noticed that too. Have fun with your new toy. The embroidery machines are so much fun.
    MaryB

Congrats and have fun!

I don't know that I would get much sleep if I got that machine. Just so much to try and fiddle with. ENJOY!

Congrats !! That is a wonderful machine........ENJOY!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast