Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: My find!

[I] was born in 1946 and I'm old but not too old. Good luck with your find. i would love to find one I can afford.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazda View Post
    While I was on the Shop Oklahoma Shop Hop, I found a treasure I have been looking for! I bought a 1947 Featherweight! See, I am an old broad, and that is the buyear I was born. I am thrilled!
    Congratilations,, I have a '52 FW and am a young girl from 1941. You are old as you think and feel. Sewing, reading I feel younger than my youngest child who is 42, but when I get up and start walking, will not that young anymore. I lived in OKC and my two sister-in-laws still live there.
    Grandmeto6 aka Judy

Enjoy it. My mother had one she purchased in 1936 before she married my father in 1940. She brought it to the Baltimore area from Illinois when she married my father. She left it to me when she died but I gave it to my neice because I already had a featherweight in mint condition that I got at a yard sale for just $20. I worked for a Bernina dealer and fell in love with their machines. I presently have 4 Berninas and the featherweight as well as a Brother Embroidery machine. I use the Featherweight when I go to a workshop as it is so much lighter than my Berninas. I learned to sew as a teen on my mother's featherweight. My parents gave me a sewing machine for a high school graduation present. It was in a cabinet and I long since wore it out.

Congrats to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations on your 1947 Featherweight They are just too cute.

I just received my 1957 Featherweight (my birth year is 1946). I couldn't hold out for a 1946 - seems lots of gals were born in that year too. My little machine has had a hard life. He was rescued by a family name Bowser who nursed it and put it back in service thus the name Bowser ... he's a tough little puppy.

I have ordered a seam guide from novamontgomery.com. Check her site if you are interested. Much less expensive than a 1/4" pressure foot. She also has a threader that makes it easier to thread the needle. (I am not related to Nova nor do I receive a kickback.)

Enjoy!

Linda

Sew little time and sew many ideas

Are you 65 and from the class of 65?? I also was born in 1947 (Sept) and I and about 5 other life long friends from elementary through high school friends go out to eat for each one of our birthdays. Last year our motto was "65-65"; gals from the Class of '65 turning 65!! Congrats on your wonderful new machine! I found a Pfaff 130 but it was made in 1950, the year my brother was born.
    Last edited by vschieve; 06-09-2013 at 05:25 PM.

I also bought a 1950 featherweight on the Road to Oklahoma shop hop yesterday. Also considering my moms name as I found it on her birthday June 8th and the machine birthday was June 5,1950. Excited to try her out but another storm last night left us with no power again:-(( . Maybe tomorrow I can see how she does.

you're a baby, dear

Power Poster
    I like you was born in 1947. However I have not been that lucky yet...Congrats !! Great score..

My "Abigail" was born the year I graduated from High School: the centennial model. And I don't feel old. I'll leave that for my 90's; late 90's! ! !
    Mavita - Square dancer and One Room School Teacher

While I was on the Shop Oklahoma Shop Hop, I found a treasure I have been looking for! I bought a 1947 Featherweight! See, I am an old broad, and that is the year I was born. I am thrilled!
    Congratulations! I just got one with the serial number date of October 8, 1952. I think that's the closest date I'll ever get to my December 1952 birthday. This is #6 for me, and will probably be my last.

Quote Originally Posted by linda faye View Post
    Congratulations on your 1947 Featherweight They are just too cute.

I just received my 1957 Featherweight (my birth year is 1946). I couldn't hold out for a 1946 - seems lots of gals were born in that year too. My little machine has had a hard life. He was rescued by a family name Bowser who nursed it and put it back in service thus the name Bowser ... he's a tough little puppy.

I have ordered a seam guide from novamontgomery.com. Check her site if you are interested. Much less expensive than a 1/4" pressure foot. She also has a threader that makes it easier to thread the needle. (I am not related to Nova nor do I receive a kickback.)

Enjoy!
    Nova is a wonderful person who is very knowledgeable about FWs. I took a FW maintenance class from her several years ago, and she is also a good teacher. If you ever have a chance to attend one of her classes, do it! And if you ever have a chance to attend her Chicago World's Fair presentation, you will be glad you did. [And I also am not related to or paid by Nova.]

Good for you!!
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place. We are nearing closer to the End Times.

What a wonderful find. So glad you were able to get one.

Very glad for you ! Enjoy !

Blog Entries
    While I was on the Shop Oklahoma Shop Hop, I found a treasure I have been looking for! I bought a 1947 Featherweight! See, I am an old broad, and that is the year I was born. I am thrilled!
    Wonderful. so happy for you.

Congratulations on your FW. You are in good company it appears.
    Lisa

Congrats....I love mine of the same vintage!

It must have been waiting for you !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2