Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: My first look at quilting

Send your story to all the quilting magazines with a picture of the quilt. You did a great job. I like it. I love applique and you did a great job with the applique.

Wonderful story. Hope you write many more and can get them published. Your challenge turned out very pretty. And the stripes do fit in very well.

Beautiful! The miters turned out great and I love the stripes!

From one newbie to another, I think your work is just wonderful. Can't wait to see more of the same.

I love your narrative- which one was the original challenge fabric?

Quote Originally Posted by owie
    Send your story to all the quilting magazines with a picture of the quilt. You did a great job. I like it. I love applique and you did a great job with the applique.
    Great idea, I love reading what you wrote... :D

Love your story and your quilt. The challenge idea sounds like something I will suggest for our group. Thank you for sharing this with us.

Pat

It came out beautiful - you did wonderful! Be proud

Great Job. You did well. keep it up.

You certainly did a good job on the challenge. I am impressed!!! Your well on your way to a lifetime addiction! Plus your story was good too.

Blog Entries
    I love your story...Please send it to a quilt magazine so others can read and feel better. I also belong to a few groups. Most of the members have been quilting or sewing for many years. They are all very proud of what they do and rightly so. I have been trying to do this for the last 4 years. I did one quilt with step by step help from a friend. I do not take part in any round robins, challenges etc. I watch what the others do, and know that I do not have the brain skills or the sewing skills to do anything even near what they do. I do not want to make a fool of myself. Thanks for sharing your story and by the way the quilt is beautiful.

I think you definetly have a gift, both for writing and quilting! Loved your story and your finished quilt is beautiful! And i second that idea that you should submit your story to the quilt magazines as it was nice to read. You do have a nice way of describing thoughts that i am sure we all tend to have, the frustrations of learning something new, etc.

Someone told me that the people here were very generous with their remarks, and I find that more than I imagined. Thank you so much to all of you for the compliments on both the quilt and my writing. It means more than you know. I have not shared either, so this was an effort. And to answer the question someone asked, the flowered fabric was the original piece we were given to start with that we had to match.

Quote Originally Posted by thepolyparrot
    I love your story! You should consider sending it to the quilting magazines. :)

And you did well with the challenge - that stripe looks like it belongs there. :)
    You should definitely send it to a quilting magazine...you are a very good writer and your quilt is beautiful to boot! You did a really good job :thumbup: :thumbup:

I agree you should send your story and your beautiful quilt pictures to magazines! They are both Wonderful!

Super job! The stripe are perfect! As one lefty to another, I think your applique is great ... I still struggle with the beginning stitch of the blanket stitch!

Peggy
    Cooling off in Fla :(

Quote Originally Posted by JAGSD
    I agree you should send your story and your beautiful quilt pictures to magazines! They are both Wonderful!
    thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by IBQLTN
    Super job! The stripe are perfect! As one lefty to another, I think your applique is great ... I still struggle with the beginning stitch of the blanket stitch!

Peggy
    Cooling off in Fla :(
    lol, I do too, have to think hard when I first start the blanket stitch and take it apart several times before I get the rhythm

I love your block. Beautiful work.

Quote Originally Posted by AnngelAnne
    Sorry, didn't think about putting in the picture, I'm new to this, so give me a minute and I will see what I can do.
    Oh, how wonderful! Thank you so much for sharing your trials and tribulations over the quilt you made. I think you did a fabulous job. The stripes look like you planned their placement from the beginning.

Send your story to a magazine. It should be published, if for no other reason than to remind all of us that it is a huge challenge for a 'newbie' to step out and start. We ALL need to be ready to take a quilter-wanna-be by the hand to help her start.

Quote Originally Posted by singalong
    I do not take part in any round robins, challenges etc. I watch what the others do, and know that I do not have the brain skills or the sewing skills to do anything even near what they do. I do not want to make a fool of myself.
    Quilting is about the enjoyment, not the feelings of inadequacy. Please don't feel that you should be at the level of those who have been quilting for ages. It takes ages to perfect all those skills. Those you make quilts for will be thrilled at the gift of yourself that you have given them.

Blog Entries
    For your first project, you were braver than I would have been. I wouldn't have tried to applique for my premiere project! Your piece is beautiful and I loved your narritive. Good job on both :thumbup:

Blog Entries
    Ah what a great story and the quilt came out beautiful. The stripe is the highlighted feature of the quilt. Great job.

You are full of talent... both with words and fabric!!! You handled the challenge beautifully!

Blog Entries
    Really enjoyed your story-it belongs in quilting magazines so many more people have the opportunity to read and enjoy it! And seeing the "subject" quilt was a surprise! I didn't expect such a beauty! Well done-on the quilt and the story!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast