Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: My machine is talking back...

Blog Entries
    to me when I am trying to make a template! I have read from several of you that sometimes you sew (without thread in the needle) to mark patterns...so I thought I would try that today. Do you also take the bobbin out?? I know I sound ridiculously stupid, but when I tried it...my machine did nothing but beep at me and tell me to "check my top and bottom for broken thread or empty bobbin". I did have a bobbin in there, but it was an empty one. Can I do this on my Bernina??? or do I just need to go back to my old Singer, Susie???

Yes you can do it Sandpat. But you have to turn those alarms "off". Go into your settings and change them. Otherwise, it will not be a happy camper and will keep beeping at you....(Don't forget to change them back!) :-)

Wow..this is new info to me. What a great idea. Thanks.

Blog Entries
    Thanks Joyce..I thought I had them turned off...I'll have to check. I know I have the bobbin one off...this is probably the one for the top thread...told you I was stupid... :roll:

Quote Originally Posted by sandpat
    Thanks Joyce..I thought I had them turned off...I'll have to check. I know I have the bobbin one off...this is probably the one for the top thread...told you I was stupid... :roll:
    No you are NOT stupid!! (Guess who had to call her Bernina dealer when the same thing happened to her :? :? :? :? ?)

Sorry Sandpat!
    I have never made any templates on the machine...can't help.

Got to love the old Singers............ :D

Blog Entries
    Yes, and I ashamed to say that since I got the Bernina...Susie ( my trusty Singer) has been in hiding. :?

Izy
    Patti, my Janome does this, I staple papers together with a printed version on top, stitch on the lines, but my machine will only do 8 stitches before it stops and tells me blah de blah de blah....I resorted to use my other dinky machine which is not computerised :lol: