Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: My own reality show complete with discoveries!

Blog Entries

My own reality show complete with discoveries!

This week I spent time in my workroom straightening up items and reorganizing some fabric storage. Tonight, I went through a large closet and "discovered" some projects which had been misplaced....honest! Much to my delight, I have many more blenders and solids than I would have imagined.

I've located two projects I want to use as Christmas gifts: mini quilt and log cabin ornament. Since I was already on a roll, several fabrics were set aside to be more accessible: whites, blacks,neutrals, blenders in individual clear bins. The neutrals have been reassessed and should offer a variety of choices for scrappy tops.

After the guest room is straightened up and ready for company, I can go downstairs to play with fabric. You can bet that I have the motivation to work quickly on the chores. I am really pumped (excited) as this is the most prepared/ organized I have ever been to "create" with fabric.

Some credit must be given to Board Members who offer encouragement and the destashing of other hobbies I have outgrown. I am free to be me :-)

Great story! Thanks for sharing....I recently had my bf build me wood civvies for my closet...amazing what I found reorganizing.

What are wood "civvies"? Civvies in the UK means non-uniform clothing! (ie if you change out of your military uniform, you would put on civvies).

I hate auto correct!!!! Civvies. Crap. Changed the word again! Cubicles... Trying to call them c.u.b.b.i.e.s. Four lower cubes and four smaller ones ...not connected and stack. So when we move I will take them with.

Quote Originally Posted by Akweiland View Post
    I hate auto correct!!!! Civvies. Crap. Changed the word again! Cubicles... Trying to call them c.u.b.b.i.e.s. Four lower cubes and four smaller ones ...not connected and stack. So when we move I will take them with.
    I blame autocorrect for 99% of my misspellings. ;-) But that's a good one! Quiltingloulou - we have the same definition for civvies here.

I gave up using autocorrect long ago. I was sending too many stupid texts using my cell so never use it for anything now. Thanks for explaining though.