Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: My quilt will be saved thanks to a very kind and generous board member!!!

Reading about folks like this reaffirms there are good people in this world.

Blog Entries
    There are so many nice people on this board. I am so glad that you two met and have formed a friendship. Good luck on the quilt. Be sure to post a picture of the outcome!!!
    A finished quilt excites me!! Whether is it mine or yours!

Quote Originally Posted by AuntieD View Post
    The members of this board are the best! I enjoy hearing the acts of kindness.
    I feel the same way as AuntieD. Pungogal is a very special person. I can't wait to see photos of your quilt when it has been "healed."

What a blessing you are Pungogal! I'm sew glad you're gonna get your quilt fixed! I just can't imagine how awful that would be to have that happen after all that time and hard work! Can't wait to see it!
    If a woman's work is never done....why start?

Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!
    very nice !! SO many wonderful people on here!!
    When Life brings big winds of change that almost blows you over.Hang on tight and Believe.
    Words and hearts should be handled with care-for words when spoken and hearts when broken are the hardest things to repair. Author unknown to me
    Do what you feel in your heart to be right; for you'll be criticized anyway-Eleanor Roosevelt

Such a good example of kindness to another. Thank you for sharing and thank her for caring.

It amazes me at where we find special people who come into our lives. Good for you on getting your quilt fixed. Just shows how good things can come from bad.

Blog Entries
    Goes to show quilters like to give warmth to everyone, if not with a quilt with the heart. God Bless

Some people have a heart of gold and I think Pungoga has one! What a sweet act of kindness. So happy your quilt will be saved.
    Kim

Anybody who doesn't know what soap tastes like never washed a dog. ~Franklin P. Jones

There still are nice people in this world!!!

We hear of so many bad things that people do, it is a true joy to hear of a wonderful person doing a special thing for another. Thanks, Pungogal, for renewing our faith in humanity!

Pungogal, what a sweetheart you are!

Bless you and your new friend, Pungogal. How generous of her. I could feel your pain through your post, so hope all will soon be well with you. Do post a picture of the newly quilted quilt.

Blog Entries
    Some of the nicest people in the world are on this Board, I love it.

I am glad there will be a happy ending to this disaster.That is very nice of the board member to help you get it done in a better way than the 1st person did.
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/Upnorthcrafter

Blog Entries
    Stories like this make generous people wanting to be more generous It does make a difference! I love all the support of this board...and I love this board

Blog Entries
    To repeat what others have said. What a generous offer and so glad you took her up on it. You will be both be blessed by this.
    Quilting in the Desert

So happy you found an ally to help you. It's really nice to see/hear the support and advice everyone receives here.

I think Pungogal is what I would call "Angel Unaware"! May she have triple abundance of blessings for being such a helpful and needful person! Good wishes to all of you!
    Bootsie

Blog Entries
    99.9999999999999999999% of quilters are wonderful! I am so glad you quilt will be reclaimed. I do think you may need to let the other quilter know that her work was not acceptable. I would always hope that an unhappy client,would let me know they were not happy and i would especially hope that she cannot return such awful work thinking it is ok. So glad you will get this quilt done and really look forward to seeing the finished work

How nice. I would like to see the improved version.

Blog Entries
    I read the other thread but didn't want to say anything to make it worse.
    Now that I know you have decided to rip and redo, let me say that I totally think you have made the right decision!

Please post pics when pungogal has quilted it- from what I can see of the piecing, I am expecting it to be a really special quilt- I'm sure your neice will love it.
    Fortune favours the prepared mind
    "Make everything as simple as possible, but not simpler." Albert Einstein

The other day when I read your post a thought came to my mind that I think I should tell you about..
    I have only been quilting five years, but..in that time I have been glad I kept my first quilt.
    The quilter messed it up too.
    I had to sew an additional piece on the back because it was not on the frame correctly. There were skipped places in the quilting. I had made it for my first great grandchild and was also disappointed. I did not even bind it.
    But I made another one, it actually was a better job,and I had someone else quilt it. Several times now in a guild they want to see your first quilt and hear the story of why you still have it. You have a great story, keep your quilt and make your niece another one. You will be glad you did down the road. Think about it.
    Best Wishes

Blog Entries
    I am happy that you can get your quilt redone. It is really sickening when you want something quilted and it turns out to be a mess. I wanted just some fabric quilted and I had to "unsew" the quilting. I haven't had a quilt that had to be "unsewn". Glad you have some help!

I am so glad you found a really good solution to your problem. Thank you, Pungogal!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast