Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
My School Essay >

My School Essay

My School Essay

Old 03-03-2010, 06:24 PM

I agree..........A+ You are so right. Quilting is a great stress reliever and something productive as well.
Old 03-03-2010, 07:01 PM

Yes, writing and quilting are much alike in that they give one satisfaction. Congrats on your grade. Just wondering, but was this for a Freshman E-2 class? I took a summer creative writing class when I was in my late fifties and thoroughly enjoyed it. Hope college is enjoyable to you. Oh and by the way, Thanks for your country's service! I see your photo appears to have you dressed in a military uniform.
Old 03-04-2010, 06:58 AM

Actually, when this was taken I was dressed to go to work at Wal=Mart and my youngest son is dressed in one of his play uniforms. He is only 15 and not active duty yet. I did however spend 7 years on active duty but that was 25 years ago.
Old 03-04-2010, 07:12 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by ReRe
Actually, when this was taken I was dressed to go to work at Wal=Mart and my youngest son is dressed in one of his play uniforms. He is only 15 and not active duty yet. I did however spend 7 years on active duty but that was 25 years ago.
Rere can you post a larger version of your avatar so we can see it up close better? Thanks!!
Old 03-04-2010, 07:13 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by All Thumbs
Yes, writing and quilting are much alike in that they give one satisfaction. Congrats on your grade. Just wondering, but was this for a Freshman E-2 class? I took a summer creative writing class when I was in my late fifties and thoroughly enjoyed it. Hope college is enjoyable to you. Oh and by the way, Thanks for your country's service! I see your photo appears to have you dressed in a military uniform.
I love your avatar!! For anyone familiar with my Boston Blocks this one is made up of Bostons and HSTS!!!

I am definately adding this one to my favorite quilt blocks!!
Old 03-04-2010, 09:25 AM

If I were your English comp teacher, I'd give you an A++. Great job. You quote "expert", especially yourself. Here's a pat on the back.++
Old 03-04-2010, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by mom-6
Congrats on the A+! I enjoyed the essay as well.
yes, congrats
Old 03-04-2010, 01:26 PM

I want to say thank you to everyone who commented on my essay. It was for English 99 at my school. I attend American Military University online since I am unable to attend a regular classroom type setting due to health issues. They don't slow me down much but they do get in the way some times.

I'll post a better avatar as soon as I can find just the right pictures for it of all my family.
Old 03-04-2010, 01:33 PM

Oh Rhonda, you are so correct; my block does have Bostons in it. However, I pieced it during my Guild's block exchange and it was called Windmill. The 13" block was cut from 4" and 4-1/4" squares cut twice diagonally and was a lot of fun to make. Thanks
Old 03-04-2010, 03:14 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by All Thumbs
Oh Rhonda, you are so correct; my block does have Bostons in it. However, I pieced it during my Guild's block exchange and it was called Windmill. The 13" block was cut from 4" and 4-1/4" squares cut twice diagonally and was a lot of fun to make. Thanks
LOL You can see where my eye goes!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: It is gorgeous and I was amazed even more when I realized it is only a 4 blocks across by 4 blocks down. So easy to make! I would love to hear about the process you used. I am always interested in anything new to me!

Sorry to hijack here Rere but I knew you wouldn't care! :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol: