Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: My wife saved my a** once again!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink's Mom
    Malwarebytes.org

This is the free program that has saved my a#$... It really does work. I was hit with something a couple of weeks ago and if not for this....I wouldn't be in this forum now.
    My hubby has rescued grandkids and daughters with this one!

Blog Entries
    That's great she was able to clean it all out of your computer. It can be frustrating to have a big mess up.

I use Google Chrome and gmail and it cleans everything before it opens. I took my computer in to have more memory added and the guy said every scan he ran showed nothing harmful at all on the computer, my registry was clean as a whistle, and it's over four years old. All my email/docs/images/files/bookmarks are stored online and opened online, not on my computer, so there isn't much chance of any bad stuff getting in my computer files or registry. I can't tolerate a slow computer and this old one is still lightening fast, as fast as my DH's new laptop.

that is great

Quote Originally Posted by chuckbere15
    Buy a Mac, you don't have to worry about virus. I have had mine for two years with no anti virus program and still virus free. Not to mention it has not crashed, locked up, no blue screens; just an all around pleasant experience. I will not go back to windows, unless I buy an embroidery machine and it requires Windows. Dreading the thought.
    I agree. Love my mac. I've had it for 1 1/2 yrs and haven't had one problem.

Quote Originally Posted by davidwent
    3 days ago I opened something I should not have and within an hour my computer was completely down!
    It took 3days but my lovely loving GENIUS wife fixed it!!!
    David
    that is so sweet of you to recognize her :) Good Job!

awe isnt it nice to know she can put things back together for you once you screw up !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by penski
    awe isnt it nice to know she can put things back together for you once you screw up !!!!!!!
    :lol: :lol: :lol: :thumbup: it sure is!
    David

I also have a Mac and have never used anti virus and have never had a problem, crash, lockup or anything. Only thing I had to get around was EQ is only windows based. So had I to load a program called parallels then put on Windows. Now I have both systems, can use EQ and still never had a problem. The performance of a Mac is well worth the extra cost.

I'll have to ask my son about malwarebytes, we don't make a move without him. My DH is one of those dinosaurs that graduated with a degree in math and went right into computers, 45+ years ago, taught our son everything he knows and then "retired". Our son lives in a different state but he can tap into our computers and fix any problem we have. We are so computer fix-it illiterate!

Quote Originally Posted by lalaland
    I'll have to ask my son about malwarebytes, we don't make a move without him. My DH is one of those dinosaurs that graduated with a degree in math and went right into computers, 45+ years ago, taught our son everything he knows and then "retired". Our son lives in a different state but he can tap into our computers and fix any problem we have. We are so computer fix-it illiterate!
    I understand...My hubby is my computer guy, and I don't make a move without him...
    he is the one that swears by this program.

Quote Originally Posted by Stitchnripper
    I'm with chuckbere15. Finally went Mac and love it. Even my computer geek hubby who was doubtful was impressed. So much so he got a Macbook pro.

But glad your wife could fix it for you.
    Me too. Love my Mac

Quote Originally Posted by Tink's Mom
    Malwarebytes.org

This is the free program that has saved my a#$... It really does work. I was hit with something a couple of weeks ago and if not for this....I wouldn't be in this forum now.
    Same thing happened to me. I used Malwarebytes and it took care of the problem. Also passed on the info to a friend who successfully used it.

community benefactor stitchofclass2's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Buy a Mac, you don't have to worry about virus. I have had mine for two years with no anti virus program and still virus free. Not to mention it has not crashed, locked up, no blue screens; just an all around pleasant experience. I will not go back to windows, unless I buy an embroidery machine and it requires Windows. Dreading the thought.
    I love, love, love my Mac. Have worked on Macs since the 80s. Never have a problem with them. I too am disappointed that so many CDs for quilting etc. are formatted for Windows only. Especially when most creative artists use Macs.

Blog Entries
    My hubby is my computer repairman. I am so blessed, he can fix almost anything.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PaperPrincess
    Now go take her out to dinner!
    And, it wouldn't hurt to stop at the LQS as a bonus!

Me, too! Bought an IMac, loved it so much I gave it to DH and bought a MacBook Pro for me! Decided I didn't use EQ that much so haven't added Windows to my computer so I could run it. Can always do it later. Now I want the IPad, but waiting till a new one comes out with a camera. Who would of thought that computers would change our world so much!

I'm 'tech support' for my DH, as well. He hates to do much of anything on the computer besides surf the net and read emails. And he has a Computer Science degree...

Right! I had a Mac and loved it, just worked so much better. When I mentioned that EQ would not load on my Mac, my son bought me a HP for my birthday about two years ago. Had to really readjust. Hard drive crashed in less than 4 months. I want my Mac back.

Blog Entries
    viruses are written for pc not mac thats all i'll have

Man that had to have hurt. Glad she was able to fix you up. It stinks that people send out that stuff. Guess we just have to be really careful about our email anymore. Glad you are back. :)

Blog Entries
    cool I know who to call now lol

My DH does my computer stuff for me. I can work the programs but he does all the technical behind the scenes work. :roll:

Wives are perfect.

Yes, buy a MAC. My husband and I own a MAC and we have not had any problems with it. This is the second MAC we have own and the first one we still have, it still runs but because it was used when we bought it and is 20 plus years old we upgraded 4 years ago to a newer MAC. I tell ALL my PC friends "I love my MAC!"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2