Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
It was for myself, an accent in the room.. so I skipped a few steps >

It was for myself, an accent in the room.. so I skipped a few steps

It was for myself, an accent in the room.. so I skipped a few steps

Old 08-31-2011, 06:09 AM
Power Poster

So you skipped a few steps,it looks great on the cradle. If you feel in the mood later on, it will be a great practice piece for machine quilting.
Old 08-31-2011, 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by chairjogger
thanks for the posts.

She is one of the first American Girl Doll, Kirsten. She is retired. from about 1986.

Yes, the cradle rocks ! how wonderful to have one too ! This was 100 years old 27 years ago.

thought of a tie quilt. Still thinking.. will grab all the baby dolls and stuffies out of it for visits of friends. :0)
Great little quilt, really keeps the old fashion look for Kirsten.. My older granddaughters all have American Girl dolls, one had Molly, 2 Kirsten and the other one had Samantha. I used to have some American Girl patterns and made extra clothes for their dolls. Liked the idea that each doll's books contained info about where and when their dolls lived. One doll's arm came off and it was sent back to American Girl where it was repaired for free and returned wearing a hospital gown and ID bracelet. Younger granddaughters chose the newer models, they choose hair, eye and skin colors and the dolls had more modern clothes. Grandgirls are all too old to play with dolls but they each have packed their dolls and their clothes away.

May in Jersey

PS: Does Kirsten still have her little wooden spoon? I know one of my grandgirls lost hers and was very upset.
Old 08-31-2011, 08:09 AM

Location: My favorite place in the world is Lake Erie Region USA

[quote=May in Jersey]
Originally Posted by chairjogger

Great little quilt, really keeps the old fashion look for Kirsten.. My older granddaughters all have American Girl dolls, one had Molly, 2 Kirsten and the other one had Samantha. I used to have some American Girl patterns and made extra clothes for their dolls. Liked the idea that each doll's books contained info about where and when their dolls lived. One doll's arm came off and it was sent back to American Girl where it was repaired for free and returned wearing a hospital gown and ID bracelet. Younger granddaughters chose the newer models, they choose hair, eye and skin colors and the dolls had more modern clothes. Grandgirls are all too old to play with dolls but they each have packed their dolls and their clothes away.

May in Jersey

PS: Does Kirsten still have her little wooden spoon? I know one of my grandgirls lost hers and was very upset.
Amazing what LTC from the doll company. Yes, Kirsten still has her spoon and bonnet. I have only grandsons. So, still hoping for a girl. :0)
thanks for posting.
Old 08-31-2011, 08:10 AM
Power Poster

I'm calling the quilting police!
(ok, just kidding, looks nice and no one will ever know!!)
Old 08-31-2011, 07:27 PM
Power Poster

Cute