Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: The Mystery of 'Happy Daisies'...............

.............is solved. Thanks to Watson58. She posted that she won a raffle quilt several years ago. Said the quilt was called 'Shadowed Daisy'. She also said that the pattern was often advertised in the Rural Missouri Sac Osage Electric Cooperative News. I asked her to give me specific information about the pattern. She did. I ordered the pattern and received it yesterday. I'm convinced that 'Happy Daisies' is a variation of that pattern. I called and talked with Evelyn McCarty, the owner of 'Shadowed Daisy'. I told her the whole story of how I came about making my quilt and that I'm sure her pattern was the inspiration for the quilt. I also told her that many people asked me about the pattern and that many people have made the quilt. I told her that I NEVER once took credit for the pattern, which is the truth.

If anyone would like to purchase the pattern, send a check for $8.00 to Evelyn.
    Evelyn McCarty
    3020 Moselle Rd.
    Union, Mo 63084

yeah, mystery solved! - I went to college in Union.

Thank you for sharing the info.

Wow...how fun that you found the original...and how great that you are passing the info on for her benefit....

Quote Originally Posted by KathyAire View Post
    .............is solved. Thanks to Watson58. She posted that she won a raffle quilt several years ago. Said the quilt was called 'Shadowed Daisy'. She also said that the pattern was often advertised in the Rural Missouri Sac Osage Electric Cooperative News. I asked her to give me specific information about the pattern. She did. I ordered the pattern and received it yesterday. I'm convinced that 'Happy Daisies' is a variation of that pattern. I called and talked with Evelyn McCarty, the owner of 'Shadowed Daisy'. I told her the whole story of how I came about making my quilt and that I'm sure her pattern was the inspiration for the quilt. I also told her that many people asked me about the pattern and that many people have made the quilt. I told her that I NEVER once took credit for the pattern, which is the truth.

Evelyn McCarty
    3020 Moselle Rd.
    Union, Mo 63084
    Does anyone know if this contact is still correct? Thanks!

thank you very much for taking the trouble to reple, I will follow up and intend to make this lovely quilt as soon as I can, best regards Marie

Thank you for replying, I will try to get it from her.

Evelyn McCarty
    3020 Moselle Rd.
    Union, Mo 63084

I have her pattern, it's waiting on my bucket list to do.
    http://www.skillpages.com/DonnaValleyquiltermo
    Sweet Dreams come from under Cozy Quilts made with love.
    Life is short, take time to enjoy it. Play with your kids and g-kids,
    and do what you can for others.

Thanks for the update and I will order the pattern from her. I appreciate you getting back to m.
    Pat
    Patsy

Smile Happy Daisies

Kathy,
    Thanks for your reply. I will order the pattern from Evelyn. I love it sooooooo much
    Fran

I talked to Evelyn this morning and her pattern is still available.
    Last edited by KathyAire; 07-18-2013 at 05:03 AM.
    Retirement is Awesome.

Don't ask the LORD to guide your footsteps, if you are not willing to move your feet.

Kathy, I have been looking online for an image of Evelyn's pattern . . . Someone mentioned "painted daisys", but I do not care for that one at all. Googling "shadowed daisy" right now (dial up).

If hers looks a LOT like yours, I would consider springing for the pattern . . . . I *really* like yours, and I am not a flower-quilt person!!

There is apparently a "shadow daisy" by JoAnn Hudson, but I can't find an image of that one either!

ugh!!

Kathy,
    Thanks , I appreciate you getting back to me. Dolores

Thank you so much for the information; I will order it ASAP. Your quilt is a beautiful inspiration!
    Linda

Blog Entries
    Can you post a pic' of the pattern so we know what you are talking about? Or a link to it? I'm interested in seeing it.
    peace
    no act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. Aesop

Thank you for the information.

I talked to Evelyn this morning and her pattern is still available.
    Is her pattern just like yours? Is it still available? Do you have contact information?

Blog Entries
    Thank you so much for this info. I had PM'd you earlier with the request for the pattern, but you were not able to provide that pattern. Now, thanks to you, I know where to get it, and can make this for my granddaughter. People on the QB are the best at tracking down info that the rest of us can use

All of you are wonderful! Thanks so much for the help; I am so eager to receive the pattern and get started making this for my only granddaughter, Emily .
    Karo

This is so odd. I have the pattern and it was a free handout from a LQS from some years ago in Arizona. Looks just like the one posted.
    I love my life!

Does anyone know if I can still get the shadow daisy pattern from Evelyn?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Brenda Carlene View Post
    Does anyone know if I can still get the shadow daisy pattern from Evelyn?
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...es-t58236.html

http://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1...es-t58294.html

If, after reading the instructions and info contained within these two threads, you still want to contact Evelyn, her contact info is on post #74 of the last link.