Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Mystery quilt >

Mystery quilt

Mystery quilt

Old 10-28-2016, 05:00 AM

Take a look at the Meadow Mist Designs mystery quilts. They are lap size and much less complicated than Bonnie Hunter's mystery quilts. There is one in process right now, it started in September with only one clue a month, and ends in April I think. A slow easy pace. There are 2 or 3 of the past mystery quilt instructions on her website too.
Several of us on this Board are working on the current one--you can see our progress in the Links and Resources section here, under the Meadow Mist Designs Mystery Quilt thread.
Old 10-28-2016, 10:34 AM

Does your local library have any of the mysteries by Barbara Graham with quilts in them? I just read "Murder by Music: the wedding quilt" and another one, and each one has a mystery quilt with four or five steps placed through the book. Think that might be about the right size?
Old 10-28-2016, 03:04 PM

Google Janet Wickell for her new years day mystery quilt. They are beautiful. I have used several of her mysteries with my guild. I emailed her for permission. They are quilts that you can supposedly complete in one day. Some people do, not me. They are fairly easy so they work for the less experienced quilters and look impressive enough or the more experienced.