Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
mystify block >

mystify block

mystify block

Old 11-13-2021, 08:13 PM

Default mystify block

I need help the instructions are not clear to me when doing the block assembly how do you think it is supposed to go I have put numbers on how I think the diagram shows could you look and see what you think.quess I can't upload pic. sorry
Old 11-14-2021, 03:35 AM

Newbee3, I would contact the designer, Doug Leko. He prides himself on good designs. If his block assembly is not clear, he needs to know. I bet he would respond to you. On the pattern are two different online contact addresses as well as a traditional mailing address. Give it a try. You may find a fiend.
Old 11-14-2021, 07:09 AM
Power Poster

I am starting to think male pattern designers are not my thing. I'm doing a Christmas pattern by Jason Yenter, it has given me groans. I have had to read the instructions many times for each part of the block. LOL
Old 11-14-2021, 07:46 AM

OH on uploading a pic, when you find your photo and click on it, you must use the bar at the bottom of screen to move over to the right to see UPLOAD and then click on that. it hides a bit for many of us.
Old 11-14-2021, 02:46 PM

in looking at the pictures, this looks like there are 5-6 options for assembling the blocks. That could make it very confusing, and you might have to simply match up based on the picture.

It does look like there is only one block, I love the scrappy option

Mystify Pattern
Old 11-14-2021, 02:59 PM

Fell in love with the brown option so bought the pattern. I'd suggest laying out the blocks based on your choice, and then sew them together however you prefer. He has directions for sewing in rows, alternately pressing the seams so that when you sew the rows together, you can spin the seams. If you aren't inclined to spin the seams, then which way you press is not important.

The layout shows heavy dark lines, but it looks like those are more to help with laying out the blocks. Those dark lines don't appear to have anything to do with sewing the blocks together once you have them laid out correctly.

Old 11-15-2021, 11:02 AM

Well took the suggestion of asking Doug the designer of pattern and to my surprise he did answer
On uploading picture mine just does not upload it says upload failed. I used to be able to upload pictures did not get new computer or camera so I do not know what happened.
Thanks to all for your help.
Old 11-15-2021, 11:47 AM

First off, how wonderful that you got your issue resolved by the designer! It never hurts to ask.

The failed message is often because the file size of the picture is too big. I have an old school digital camera and I reduce my images here:
https://www.reduceimages.com/
No affiliation but quick and easy and does not set off my various filters and protections. I just use their defaults.

There are other picture posting tips stickied to the top of the Help forum here
https://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help-center-f27/
Old 11-15-2021, 02:34 PM
Gay

Instead of joining in rows it may be easier to make blocks in sets of four.
Old 11-15-2021, 05:26 PM

If you are having an issue with construction, I think Donna Jordan has featured it on her YouTube channel. Maybe watching it will help you?

https://youtu.be/uyBTpbTTDKk